EVA Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AeroDMB

Looking into options abroad and came across EVA Air. Anyone who is currently working there or did in the past care to share their experiences? I have heard the pay has gone up recently although still lower than most comparable positions. Thanks in advance...and yes I have been to pprune.

Looking into options abroad and came across EVA Air. Anyone who is currently working there or did in the past care to share their experiences? I have heard the pay has gone up recently although still lower than most comparable positions. Thanks in advance...and yes I have been to pprune.

It can be a good stepping stone to a better overseas job for those not qualified on bigger aircraft. You'll have to be willing to stay for the entire bond period ( 4 years? ) or pay the remainder.

If/when you talk to people who have actually worked there you must know which airplane they were on. The MD-11 and 747 fleet have very different rosters and lifestyle. The better of the two was the 747. The 777 and A330 would be taking over that mantle now since it's all pax flying with stable rosters. The cargo flying on the MD-11 makes for ever changing rosters.

I worked and lived in Taiwan for 3 years ( different airline ). I enjoyed living there. There is plenty to do in the city and on the island. If you have kids the Taipei American School is excellent. It's a bit expensive at $15,000/year/child but it's a world class education.

To get around in Taiwan you really need to learn Mandarin. The locals don't speak very good English, if at all. Mandarin is a very useful language to learn anyway, especially if you plan on being overseas in Asia for any length of time.

Typhoonpilot

Thanks for the input. Do you get the sense that the aircraft assignment makes or breaks the job for some people? As in accepting the job.

Also, what are your thoughts on someone flying for them for the 3-4 years, then returning to the states with less than 1,000 TPIC in hopes of a major gig? I believe with the heavy international flying experience, you might be able to bridge the gap between low TPIC time and 1000 TPIC. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Do you get the sense that the aircraft assignment makes or breaks the job for some people? As in accepting the job.

Also, what are your thoughts on someone flying for them for the 3-4 years, then returning to the states with less than 1,000 TPIC in hopes of a major gig? I believe with the heavy international flying experience, you might be able to bridge the gap between low TPIC time and 1000 TPIC. Thoughts?

No luck with the "bridging the gap" thought. If an airline requires 1000 PIC then you'll have to have it. It would be better to get the 1000 PIC before going overseas then you'd have that in your back pocket if/when you want to return to the USA.

There are some dangers in going overseas. It can make you ineligible for some airlines that have U.S. residency requirements, i.e. Fedex. It's always been a last ditch career saving move for most people. Something you do when your airline goes bust; you get furloughed; or you've just had bad luck getting good jobs at home.

Typhoonpilot

I heard they don't hire foreigners anymore. Though I did see a crew once with a Caucasian Captain a while back.

Age limit for FOs?

I heard that Eva Air is one of the worst. Some U.S pilots were calling it worse than regionals here. 8 days off per month, etc...

Latest resources

Back