Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G100driver

I might have a possible issue.

In a couple of weeks we are going to be flying to Europe. This will be our first trip in our new aircraft. When we did our GMU flight it was with our tempory end number. This lies the problem. When I went to the Eurocontrol web site they do not have us as having had a GMU flight.

Now I obviously have a RVSM RNP5/10 approval from the FAA and a GMU flight was done within the past 2 years. The only problem is the Euopeans do not show me as having completed this. Any problems here? Should I plan an HMU flight when I get there? (Our first stop is conviently located in Switzerland)

I also noticed on the web site that several other international flight departments did not have there GMU completed (according to the Europeans).

Any help or past expirences in this area would be much appreciated.

Thank-you in advance.

They could be as much as 3 months behind in posting it on the web. I just did a Height Monitoring Unit overflight of Strumble 4 months ago on our US Global and it just showed up on the web 3 weeks ago.

Sucks that Gander is OTS. That was handy. I believe Geneva is a HMU as well but you'll be to low by then.

I would overfly Strumble on the way in. Have your handler put "HMU Overflight Strumble" in remarks. Have your paperwork handy. You should have no problem.

Last edited:
Empenage:

Thanks. I found the overfllight site that you were refering to. One question, did you slow down to LRC to stay within range of the HMU site or did you have to "hold" over the site?

No you dont have to slow down or hold, but you do have to pass over the site and in the morning over there they do give direct-to's so you need to stay on the airway. Even if you dont put in remarks "HMU Overflight" they will take a look at you anyway but I would have them add "HMU Overflight" to your ICAO flightplan.

Also the site has to be up and running. I used to hit Gander and Strumble but Gander is not an HMU site anymore. As a matter of fact I would check Strumble too just to be sure! :)

G100driver said:
Empenage:

One question, did you slow down to LRC to stay within range of the HMU site or did you have to "hold" over the site?
Huh? Just fly right over it on the way. You'll be all set. It's not like the HMU flight with the box in the plane, where you've gotta' hold altitude for half an hour, it's the ground-based one that just needs a snapshot as you fly over.

gern_blanston said:
Huh? Just fly right over it on the way. You'll be all set. It's not like the HMU flight with the box in the plane, where you've gotta' hold altitude for half an hour, it's the ground-based one that just needs a snapshot as you fly over.

Actually the requirement is that you be over (within 30nm) the site for 7 minutes. :)

Latest resources

Back