Etihad road show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thanks for the info.
1)did the spirit guy meet all the other requirements? (mainly thinking about 1000 multi crew jet/glass)

Yeah he very comfortably met the other requirements He was at Eagle on the ERJ so with that said I think he was alright on all the requirements.

Etihad Roadshow

Did you guys that went to the roadshow wear a suit? Did it appear a "formal" setting like an interview and to dress appropriately? Are they looking for just Captains or F/O's as well? Just had a co-worker come back from the inteview in Abu Dhabi for a F/O position. Thanks.

If you went to the Emirates roadshow they said the same thing. If you didnt have any bus or 777 time you weren't being considered. All you can do is apply and hope for the best.

Did you guys that went to the roadshow wear a suit? Did it appear a "formal" setting like an interview and to dress appropriately? Are they looking for just Captains or F/O's as well? Just had a co-worker come back from the inteview in Abu Dhabi for a F/O position. Thanks.

Everyone seemed to be wearing a suit. Safest option I suppose - best foot forward and all that. A few seemed to be there before/after work, so were in full uniform. Didn't see any business casual there.

About 90% wore at least a shirt and tie or full suit......but its a ROADSHOW! They do not interview you there. All they do is look at your resume and if you have the 500 total in type with the PIC type rating, they offer you an interview on the spot. If you don't have the experience, you could wear an Armani suit and it wouldn't matter. And no, its not a formal setting. You arrive at a hotel conference room and are greeted by someone from HR while Capt Jihad is next door conducting the actual info session. At the end of the session he breaks the news about needing an Airbus type and 500 hours, if you have that level of experience you can go next door and talk with the HR person again to see if they will offer you an interview slot. Honestly, there was no privacy when speaking to the HR person and everyone just stood in line like a bunch of cattle waiting to be inspected.........so while I won't say the people conducting it were unprofessional, the setting was for ROADSHOW......but to each his own.

Thanks for all the info but can someone clarify the PIC and 500 hr requirement.

Is it a full airbus type or will the SIC only restriction count? Is the 500 hrs PIC or will SIC do?

I have a buddy who is interviewing in Sept. He only has SIC on type and I'm pretty sure he has the SIC only restriction on his type rating.

Did anyone here anything about training notes? I'm sure they have them. I believe Emirates was three years. Is Etihad similar?

Thanks

If you went to the Emirates roadshow they said the same thing. If you didnt have any bus or 777 time you weren't being considered. All you can do is apply and hope for the best.

That's not true at all. I do not have any 777 time or any Airbus time. I was offered an interview at the roadshow but then again I have 4000+ hrs in Boeing products. The pilot rep seemed to think I would be a shoe in for the 777 program. Unfortunaley, I signed up for a Sept interview and it was subsequently cancelled like many other interviews after July.

with a 320 type, does one automatically go to the 320?
On their website, it is stated that they are looking for 50 320 F/o and 300 330 F/O's.
If one goes to the 32o, how long to the 330 or left seat of 320.
in other words, what is the typical career timeline and progression.
thanks

with a 320 type, does one automatically go to the 320?
On their website, it is stated that they are looking for 50 320 F/o and 300 330 F/O's.
If one goes to the 32o, how long to the 330 or left seat of 320.
in other words, what is the typical career timeline and progression.
thanks

Someone asked about being placed in the A330/A340 if you only have A320 type and time......the answer given was basically they are hiring into the A320 unless you have a type on something larger like the A330 with time in type also. They also mentioned that if you fly the A330 you are also qulified to fly their A340. Jihad said they were working on a cross qual program where the A320 guys could also fly the A330, but it was still being worked on. Also, no one would give a time line for progression, expcept to say they reserve the right to hire direct entry Captains as needed, but they prefer to upgrade from within. My math is that if you started today, you could see the left seat in less than 3 years, possibly 2 years as they are taking a lot of airplanes.

They did not mention anything about SIC type ratings, but if you have 500+ A320 time, I'm sure they would at least talk to you longer than the RJ guys.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back