• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERJs converted into freight planes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If RJ freighters ever become a reality, it will be interesting to see how the "mainline" freight pilots handle it, having the advantage of seeing how badly their passenger counterpoints missed the boat. I'd bet they fight hard to get any RJ freighters on the mainline property.

There is one thing for sure that will always be true about cargo. Cargo will never be afraid to board an airplane that has props.

DoinTime said:
There is one thing for sure that will always be true about cargo. Cargo will never be afraid to board an airplane that has props.
Not only that Doin Time, but aren't turboprops easier on fuel?

I was doing some research on some of the ATR conversions and one of the companies doing those posted some fuel figures and I believe their engine and prop combination was being compared to a 50 passenger jet and the difference was phenominal.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Touche. Wouldn't that be a kicker? All of these freight dawgs who think that their career is so secure compared to the airlines. The same thing will happen in freight, its just a matter of time. All thanks to the Wal Mart world that we live in.
I would hope greatly that the mainline FedEx pilot union is way ahead of the game regarding keeping their jet flying in house.

They're still too new. Have to wait till the planes are older than the people who fly them.

Latest resources

Back