• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERJ Limits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a summary - the ERJ is fast but can't take everybody and their bags. The CRJ is slow but it can get everybody and their crap on board.

What? Who said the CRJ is slow? Who gives a crap anyway?

So with no alternate you may well find that the ERJ is still weight limited, I don't think I've ever seen a CRJ weight limited with no alternate (yes, I'm sure it happens, now regale us with your tails of being weight limited doing SLC-ATL in a 200).

When CHQ took over CVG-TOL, my commute became difficult. CMR had been doing it with a 40 or a 50 seat CRJ (the frequency was more too, but Delta can be blamed for that), then CHQ put an EMB-135. I was kicked off the jumpseat a handful of times because it was zero fuel weight limited. The crews always tried to help, but it didn't always work. One thing I can say for certain is the jumpseat on the ERJ is far more comfortable than the chairs in the terminal in CVG.

As a summary - the ERJ is fast but can't take everybody and their bags. The CRJ is slow but it can get everybody and their crap on board.

So with no alternate you may well find that the ERJ is still weight limited, I don't think I've ever seen a CRJ weight limited with no alternate (yes, I'm sure it happens, now regale us with your tails of being weight limited doing SLC-ATL in a 200).

Depends on what kind of ERJ you're in. A weight modded 145LR or a 145XR will take everyone and their bags plus a hefty amount of fuel.

Then they'll all be sold off by the end of Q2 2008. :p

I guess with your extensive experience you would know...thanks for the update...good luck with FO training noob.

I guess with your extensive experience you would know...thanks for the update...good luck with FO training noob.

Thank you for thinking so highly of me and my crystal ball; but, actually I don't know....nor does anyone else.

Honestly, I'm pretty frustrated that the airline that I had been hoping to get on with for a long time because of their "stability" tells me three weeks into training that we may be sucking air by '08. Anything can happen in this industry as we're all aware. It's just kind of a kick in the face that it happened only a very very short time after my introduction to the 121 world.

Nothing may happen at all. I haven't really heard any more good rumors lately. It's been pretty quiet on that front. Three weeks ago I couldn't turn around without someone saying the words "HEY!! Guess what I just heard...".

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that you're relatively high on the seniority list. It's obvious that I'm very low. IF something happens it will affect you, me and everyone in between. At the end of the day we're all on the same team. If we go down we do it together. The same holds true if we prosper.

I'm very curious and frustrated about this situation as I'm sure you are as well. I chose to deal with my frustrations with an attempt at humor. It was obviously lost on you. I'm sorry for being new to the Eagle family. Everyone is "new" at some point in their careers; but, thanks for your attempt to make me feel like "part of the team".....

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of ERJ you're in. A weight modded 145LR or a 145XR will take everyone and their bags plus a hefty amount of fuel.

Have you ever done some of the Mexico stuff? In particular, LAX-ZCL?

On more than one occasion, had to leave bags behind. Or, good thing there were plenty of actual half weights, otherwise, not everybody would have got on. Seems like I saw it in IAH a few times as well.

WOW!! So where is the problem if the CG was never an issue???

The only times I ever had problems taking an OMC was on short flights, a lot of bags, and an alternate i.e- ord-sbn Never had a CG problem, that being said with mesa and skywest going to the electronic W and B via acars the CG may become more of a problem. more accurate than using a chart and plotting a point.

Have you ever done some of the Mexico stuff? In particular, LAX-ZCL?

On more than one occasion, had to leave bags behind. Or, good thing there were plenty of actual half weights, otherwise, not everybody would have got on. Seems like I saw it in IAH a few times as well.

Nope, sure haven't. With all the Mexico flying out of IAH, I've been spending most of my time up in the northeast in and out of Sewark. Bleh. TC and DD really kill MATOW though.

Latest resources

Back