• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERJ Limits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you for thinking so highly of me and my crystal ball; but, actually I don't know....nor does anyone else.

Honestly, I'm pretty frustrated that the airline that I had been hoping to get on with for a long time because of their "stability" tells me three weeks into training that we may be sucking air by '08. Anything can happen in this industry as we're all aware. It's just kind of a kick in the face that it happened only a very very short time after my introduction to the 121 world.

Nothing may happen at all. I haven't really heard any more good rumors lately. It's been pretty quiet on that front. Three weeks ago I couldn't turn around without someone saying the words "HEY!! Guess what I just heard...".

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that you're relatively high on the seniority list. It's obvious that I'm very low. IF something happens it will affect you, me and everyone in between. At the end of the day we're all on the same team. If we go down we do it together. The same holds true if we prosper.

I'm very curious and frustrated about this situation as I'm sure you are as well. I chose to deal with my frustrations with an attempt at humor. It was obviously lost on you. I'm sorry for being new to the Eagle family. Everyone is "new" at some point in their careers; but, thanks for your attempt to make me feel like "part of the team".....

Gay..

Dont worry 757, you will learn no matter how long you have been in the industry, it is never long enough to have your own opinion.

I find that I run into zero fuel weight issues more than anything in the EMBs. Sorry for all of those trying to commute.

Crj200 is flight planned for .74. It can go a little faster and does.

The Crj700 is flight planned for .80. It always goes faster.

The Erj may be a little faster than the Crj200, but over an hour flight or even two, it makes little difference. If a Erj is behind a Crj the Erj will not be any faster than a Crj. If a Crj700 is behind an Erj, it will pass the Erj like it is standing still. But, so what?

The Crj200 usually has no C.G. issues. It may have a landing weight issue that became more prevalent when passenger weights changed a couple of years ago. It usually is only a problem when an alternate is required and there is no close alternate.

If an ERJ flight is anywhere near full, you will never get on. My experience has been with Eagle. Their loads are generally heavy, so it's usually not a viable option. The crews and customer service are always great, but it boils down to the hard numbers. Hopefully, these weight mods will happen soon.

Please keep us posted.

Last edited:
on a regular EMB-145LR, without an alternate, I find that its usually limited to the max zero fuel weight. Even if its a short flight. Yeah the fuel burn is way less, but that just means you don't have to put that much on. 195lbs for a winter pax weight, along with not having lighter weights for carry-ons, is what kills us at chq. Hopefully for the commuters sake there are a couple of kids on board.

On the ERJ, the problem for jumpseaters and commuters in general is Zero Fuel Weight. That's a hard limit and there's really no good way to work the numbers. What you have is what you have.

If the plane is full, I've never had a CG issue. The only time CG is a problem in my experience is when you have a half full flight and almost everyone is sitting in the front part of cabin. Move folks to the back and you're fine. Either that or it's a full flight with just a few bags in the cargo compartment. In that case you just add a few hundred pounds of ballast and you're good to go.

Latest resources

Back