ERJ-170......cost?..maint?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DairyAir

just curious if anyone knows what the purchase price is a well as cost per hour. I rode on one from PIT-ATL the other day and I must say I was very impressed. It sure makes the CRJ look bad. More comfortable seats big windows, quiet, large overheads, and the flight deck was not bad either. If it turns out to be as cheap as the CRJ to operate I fear that all of us CRJ200 drivers will be lookin for work.

I talked to a US Air jumpseater on the way home yesterday and he said they are having major problems with the 170s. Apparently there have been frequent cancellations due to mechanicals and the computerized fly by wire systems are having frequent problems. One problem he said they're having is if the aircraft is shut down and you bump the yoke it will crash the system and it takes 40 minutes to "reboot" the system. He also said Embraer is keeping several tech reps in PIT just to keep them flying. Hopefully these are just teething problems and things will get better..........

Major problems are pretty normal for a new aircraft. We had tons of teething problems with the CRJ700. Eventually they'll figure the plane out and it will probably be a great aircraft.

Yes, new aircraft have tons of problems. As I recall the 777 was grounded many times for various problems. It will probably take them at least a year to work out most of the bugs.

PHP:
I fear that all of us CRJ200 drivers will be lookin for work.

i think the 170 is in a different league than the CRJ200

I don't think Embraer uses "ERJ" to designate the 170. Since it can be used as a mainline aircraft, they settled with EMB-170. It would be like calling the 717 a BRJ.

Latest Form 41 Data:

(Based on MidAtlantic Use - Hull Cost and Fuel Costs will vary based on utilization and stage length)

Fuel Burn/HR: 473 GPH
Monthly Lease: $152,126

Hourly Costs:

Aircraft: $644
Crew: $699 (Training Costs ammoratized the first year)
Fuel: $510
Maintenance: $160
Direct Labor: $44

Net Direct Cost: $2057

Average Stage: 547
Average Trip Cost (Incl IDOC): $4404.91
Seat Cost:$63
ASM Cost: $.1150

Go to www.embraer.com look at their press releases. Of the flight hours that have been flown by the 40- 170's around the world, it looks as if the 170 has managed to burn 2% less fuel than what Embraer originally estimated. Thats huge saving for airlines who fly them over the course of one year. Thats also rare for a manufacturer to over-estimate a new product in terms of fuel burn....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back