Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERAU "Top Gun" video.. this is pretty bad.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was rattled by a "RENTAL" plane not a "RIDDLE" plane. We at COMAIR would get rattled by RIDDLE planes. But that's a whole near midair collision thing... :)

Do ERAU students really have to have buzz haircuts and stuff? WHAT A BUNCH OF FREAGIN MORONS. I truly believe they think they are cool and that's what makes it so lamely funny.

He was rattled by a "RENTAL" plane not a "RIDDLE" plane.

I actually had to go back and check it out...I thought they said rental at first also but during the chewout...they said riddle. Watched starting at 4:40 and they say "Riddle"

And in general...

The video isn't all that bad. They took a goofball aviation movie and made a goofball parody of the goofball aviation movie. I do video editing and to make things jive the way you want them with music and what not...it's a lot of work to put into. I don't think anybody would be turned off by aviation by the video...and while they're dorks, wern't we all at one point? Hell...if the USAF accepted SODAs for color vision deficiencies I'd be happy to look like a "dork" in FI.com's eyes if it meant I got to fly a Strike Eagle.

<edit> And did you see Jessica Bean, aerial photographer? Not bad:beer:

ahahahahhahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

<can't breathe>

ahahahahahahahAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

OMG!!!

...and yes I graduated Riddle in 92. At least they don't take themselves too seriously like most think we do.

It's so dumb it's funny! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

Last edited:
this may, in fact, be the most homosexual thing i've ever seen....

not that there's anything wrong with that....

cosmotheassman said:
Do ERAU students really have to have buzz haircuts and stuff? WHAT A BUNCH OF FREAGIN MORONS. I truly believe they think they are cool and that's what makes it so lamely funny.
Yes, we all have buzz haircuts, wear aviator sunglasses, drive motorcycles down to the flightline, and of course, wear flight suits for all flights, sims, and ground lessons. Also, all the flight students get cool "callsigns" like the guys in the military. The instructors and our professors address us by those, and not our real names.

gkrangers said:
Yes, we all have buzz haircuts, wear aviator sunglasses, drive motorcycles down to the flightline, and of course, wear flight suits for all flights, sims, and ground lessons. Also, all the flight students get cool "callsigns" like the guys in the military. The instructors and our professors address us by those, and not our real names.

LMFAO!!! I hope you arent serious.

You must also be the dorks that wear the suites/uniform out to the grocery store too.

:laugh: The people who wear the miltiary uniforms are ROTC. Its a ROTC thing, not a Riddle thing. The only dress code for flying is long pants and closed toed shoes. The instructors wear "pilot" uniforms with the bars and the whole nine yards...but you'll find that at just about every "academy". Its no different than any other Part 141/142 training environment.

The dorkyness of a few just gets magnified when you have a couple thousand flight students in the same place.

kailuaboy said:
LMFAO!!! I hope you arent serious.

You must also be the dorks that wear the suites/uniform out to the grocery store too.

Last edited:
im a total believer in looking professional when you fly (something bigger than a 172). But, when you wear the whole flight suite thing, and call each other "Fag 1" and "Fag 2".... thats a little gay in my book.

BTW, im not saying anything bad about riddle. In fact, why would I, when im taking classes online to get my degree done. I havent ran into any daytona riddle people yet....

If anyone from there wants to meet up, come to the Tiki at FPR. :) I hear you guys come to FPR, do a low approach, and pick up IFR back to DAB. Come, sit, eat. :) We'll poke fun at each other (and other schools).

Now im sure I sound like the dork against all these regional guys. Thats why I like this forum over jetcareers. They are so sensored and BS. Here you can say whatever the F*#( you want.

Latest resources

Back