• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERAU hit by tornado

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought the picture of the gust lock on what's left of the tail was pretty ironic.
Didn't I read that ERAU was moving flight training to AZ?

Does this mean that I will be able to get into DAB without being number 14 for the airport behind an invasion force of 172's?

Glad no one got hurt.

Wow. Guess ASA will have to postpone those newhire classes. So many poor future airline pilots with 249 hours and no airplane to fly.....

What type of pilots do you think are going to be enticed to come to a company with such a bright future.......perhaps years of cracking pilot groups over the head with wage cuts is finally taking it's tole on perspective pilots and their willingness to put up with this stuff. Anyone with options is picking somewhere else- even from within our OWN pilot group. Looks like a looming pilot shortage to me..............

Sure does suck for those that are down there and scheduled to graduate in the spring. Glad no one got hurt and hope the university gets itself back on track relatively quickly.

Supposedly 80% of their aircraft are gone- they are going to try and round up rental aircraft until a permanent fleet replacement can be established. Also, I understand that students are not to return until the university issues an email sometime in mid to late January.

The aircraft that were hangared on our flightline in orlando during the hurricanes were actually damaged more than the ones on the ramp.. irony

eh, the insurance companies will delay but eventually cut a fat check, the smell of which will catch the attention of all the big light airplane manufacturers, in a couple months you'll hear them bragging about the "brand new fleet"...

wonder if they will bring in some planes from AZ, or take the opportunity to make some money off the sims

All of you guys that were flying at Riddle need to go across the airport to CDA Proffesional Pilot training academy. It used to be Cloud Dancer Aviation for all of you that were there a couple of years ago.

cloud dancer, the owner is a crooked scumbag. go to philair... oh, wait a tick

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to mention a Cessna got blown into the Aviation Maintenance Science building (P building) and exploded. Caught the Materials lab on fire pretty good. Whole side of the cinder block wall is demolished.

Sim and Spruance are in bad shape. Like...gut it and start over bad shape. Rounesvilles office looks like the only one in COA that got hit.

ICI center (fieldhouse/gym)...you walk inside the gym, look up and see sky. The whole front is destroyed.

Spruance....yikes.

Student cetner has heavy damage. Most of the windows are blown out. Avion and WERU are FUBAR.

There goes my 2 percent raise I was probably not going to get next year.

I can hear Kit Darby screaming about the "pending pilot shortage" now.

One puppy mill down, four to go. Go Tornados!

The less 300 wonder pilots we have clamoring for a job on a Shiny Regional Jet, the better this industry will be!

Latest resources

Back