ERAU-Daytona Conducting FL Job Fairs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
merikeyegro said:
- $15.50 per student contact hour with contractual raises (IAMAW contract)
- Paid holidays (on university calendar)
- Full coverage medical (PPO or HMO) and vision for individuals and families
- Varying coverages for dental
- Free tuition up to 18 graduate credits or 21 undergraduate credits per year
- 403(b) retirement program at 8:3 matching (yes, you read that right)
- Promotions at 750 & 1200 dual

It is also dirt cheap to live in Daytona. We had a 3 bedroom apartment and the rent was $680 a month (The Barrington). That was 2 years ago, but I am sure that it has not changed all that much.

Learsforsale said:
It is also dirt cheap to live in Daytona. We had a 3 bedroom apartment and the rent was $680 a month (The Barrington). That was 2 years ago, but I am sure that it has not changed all that much.

now, theres a comment that irks me... for the last 5 years, I've listened to Daytona guys say how they deserve more money since its more expensive to live there!

I don't think you can touch a 3 bedroom appt in Prescott for under 800 or 900. Heck, new homes you can't find for under 200, and thats in Prescott Valley or Chino Valley. (Most are around 250, in Prescott its closer to 350)

...and rental properties have all but disappeared here, so the rents have gone up a bunch. Not sure you could get much, aside from the Barrington (really? Kind of a crappy place), for less than $900 for 2 beds. It's still a relatively cheap place to live and there is decent housing near campus. You can pay for all of your bills and food, if single, for about $900/month. When I moved here, that was about $750. Of course, gas was about $1/gallon. Now, it's about $2.80 here.

Don't have a clue about PRC, although I hear they're usually in step with us. Our contract is effective 7/1 (beginning of the new fiscal year) and the starting pay CURRENTLY is $14.72. It increases by 4% on 7/1 to around $15.50. The bennies are excellent, especially the retirement. 8:3 matching? Beat that anywhere. Airtran, last I knew, matched about 1:7.

Anyway, our incoming freshman numbers, as of right now, are up about 20-25% over last year and we've lost a ton of IPs recently.

If you qualify, give us a serious look. The entire campus (and university) got new bosses over the last year. We have a new: president, chancellor, flight department chair, chief CFI, asst chief CFI, and even a new director of financial aid. Lots of other, smaller changes (and we even got rid of CAPT - phased out by early 2007), too. Much better place to work than years previous. However, as you can probably tell, we need to work off years of ill will. That'll take time. Until then, we need a good number of new people to help us grow and improve.

IP076 said:
now, theres a comment that irks me... for the last 5 years, I've listened to Daytona guys say how they deserve more money since its more expensive to live there!

I don't think you can touch a 3 bedroom appt in Prescott for under 800 or 900. Heck, new homes you can't find for under 200, and thats in Prescott Valley or Chino Valley. (Most are around 250, in Prescott its closer to 350)
It's still not horrible here. For the past 5-6 months, I lived in LA. Just recently moved back to PRC for the new-hire class. For the same rent I'm paying now for a 1700 sqft, 3-bedroom 2-bath house in Prescott, I had a 900 sqft 2-bedroom shanty without central air/heat. Not too good.

By the way, did the contractual pay raises change at all, or just the starting rate? If so, what are the new rates at 750 and 1200 dual?

Last edited:
unreal said:
It's still not horrible here. For the past 5-6 months, I lived in LA. Just recently moved back to PRC for the new-hire class. For the same rent I'm paying now for a 1700 sqft, 3-bedroom 2-bath house in Prescott, I had a 900 sqft 2-bedroom shanty without central air/heat. Not too good.

By the way, did the contractual pay raises change at all, or just the starting rate? If so, what are the new rates at 750 and 1200 dual?

judging from what merikeyegro said I'd bump the 750 and 1200 raises up by 4% and figure it out.

14.72 X 1.04 = 15.31 for the starting pay.

yeah, go to daytona, and get to wear one of those cute airline pilot uniforms. plus, in daytona, you have to deal with a union. prescott is a much better place; sure there's no beaches, but there is also no nascar, no biketoberfest, and no seagulls.

Metro752 said:
ALL ATPS is the PWNSAUCE

ummm....well, chalk it up as another semi-useful thread gone stupid....

Latest resources

Back