Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Anyone know how they are doing, seems like it could work well, after all LH is having success with the PrivatAir venture!

I think EOS is doing quiet well. there loads seem descent, and they only need about 15 passengers to break even. The fare is still at the introductory $2500 each way though. MaxJet on the other hand seems to be selling between 30 and 60 of there seats on each flight, but they are only charging $679 each way on the 100 passenger 767 all business class aircraft. As you can see....Eos has to find less passengers to to turn a profit, where as Maxjet will struggle to break even even with 60 seats filled because of the low $679 fare. It costs somewhere in the neighborhood of 40k each way to operate the 767, and low to mid 30's for eos to operate there 757. So you do the math and tell me who has a better chance of survival. Im going with EOS.

Just my .02 cents

There's a difference between selling all-business class with a brand like Lufthansa (and the Star Alliance behind that) and being a lone ranger startup like EOS and MaxJet. The success of LH's Privatair stuff doesn't necessarily have that much to say about whether EOS and MaxJet are successful.

Also, EOS and MaxJet don't really belong in the same category as each other. MaxJet is basically selling business class for a full-fare (or lower) coach class price, while EOS is more or less selling a first-class suite product for the price of a business class ticket. I think MaxJet probably has the better chance of success.

Dizel8 said:
Anyone know how they are doing, seems like it could work well, after all LH is having success with the PrivatAir venture!

Latest resources

Back