• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Enterprize Rent A Car Gives Out Private Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of their lot monkeys damaged a car after I turned it in several years ago. They tried to collect several thousand in damages and it took a lawyer to finally get them off my back.

ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!!! They started this process a month after the car was returned and I still had the record of the vehicle being accepted by them with no damage.

I recently got a call too. I told them how bad the experience was and they said someone would call from enterprise. It's been about 3 weeks and haven't heard a word.

One of their lot monkeys damaged a car after I turned it in several years ago. They tried to collect several thousand in damages and it took a lawyer to finally get them off my back.

I had the same problem in JZI Charleston, SC. I took pictures with their agent next to the car when I turned it in. The next day they claimed I damaged the car. I waisted as much of their time as I could for weeks. When they sent me the bill I returned it with the pictures and never heard another word.

glen3rd said:
had the same problem in JZI Charleston, SC. I took pictures with their agent next to the car when I turned it in. The next day they claimed I damaged the car. I waisted as much of their time as I could for weeks. When they sent me the bill I returned it with the pictures and never heard another word.

Geez. Crap like that really pi$$es me off. They were probably trying to get money out of you, thinking you wouldn't fight back. It's a shame we have to get concrete proof as in the form of pictures in order to prove your innocence.

A similar thing happened to me several years ago: I sold a vehicle on ebay, and I had it shipped across the country to the buyer. I used one of those vehicle moving companies that pull the vehicles on trailers using big rigs. The seemed very professional, insured and they were reputable. The guy I sold it to called me from the pickup station and he was livid. Aparently, the vehicle was completely damaged, (similar to the damage a car would recieve if another car had fallen on top of it.)
I spoke to the shipping company and they were trying to say that I presented the vehicle to them already damaged. On top of that, the buyer was trying to hold me accountable for fraud. (good thing I already had my money)
Luckily, before I released the vehicle to the shippers, one of their representatives signed an acceptance checklist proving the vehicle was in perfect condition at the time I gave them the keys.

I hate it when people try to pass the buck like that. These companies need to take responsibility.

That's funny, I just rented from Enterprise in Dallas and they just called me two days ago. "were you satisfied, blah blah blah" That does piss me off.

If i have a pull type parking brake, I always do the "does it work well when pulled at 45 mph in a turn." I feel like i am Bo in the Dukes.

The New Jersey brake check is on the curve approaching the Sheriton Hotel in the Meadowlands, near KTEB. A co-worker showed me a great place to,'lock'em up'. Best to have hand parking brake on center console. Every time I was with my stupid boss, the one that wrecked the rental in Italy, I remarked,"wow, look at those skid marks", laughed my silly ass off! This dumb ass bought program cars and thought he was saving so much money.
Some other good tests are: don't come to a complete stop before changing gears, on a cold morning in Iowa, start rental and immediately rev to limiter to warm the little jewel, always change language to French; and especially note in great detail all damage. The taking pictures is a great idea with digital storage becoming so cheap.
Anybody else have any rental recommendations? :)

who minds at $27/day unrestricted

Just rented from enterprise in Denver and was given crew discount & 1st class service. Are we really concerned who has our info now-a-days? (Its already out there, everywhere)

Just rented from enterprise in Denver and was given crew discount & 1st class service. Are we really concerned who has our info now-a-days? (Its already out there, everywhere)

Well Enterprize gave out my information to a 3rd party agency that was conducting a survey on rental call service. It seems ironic to me.... (that's pretty crappy service)

I don't have any kind of bone to pick with you (unless you work for enterprize). When you get a call from a 3rd party agency and it wakes you up before an 0 dark thirty show at the airport, you need to follow these steps.

First demand you get the name and location and region (enterprize has a region for different locations) of the rental car office they recived the information from then you have to call the regional corporate office for the location. They you have to raise some serious hell. "Have me taken off the list., what were guys thinking?, Who else have you given my information to?, Do you understand it isn't ok to wake up pilots at midnight when they need to be up a 5am? Etc. Etc.

Prepare to be put on hold for quite a long time and be faced with denials that they even gave your personal information out.

If I give a rental car my contact information I'm assuming it is for a problem with the rental. Nothing else.

11pm eh? Isn't that about 8am in India? How dare you interrupt some guys breakfast in India with your ranting!

:)

Latest resources

Back