• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Enough SWA Lets Talk about REAL Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, what do we all want in the next contract? I don't mean for Delta or for American or any specific airline, I'm talking about all of us.
We are all professional airline pilots...we need to root for each other to get the best to restore the profession.
Delta is my favorite airline because they were the first to hire me, but I would have been just as passionate for American, Southwest, Continental - we're all in this together!

So, here's my first suggestion:
1. Southwest pay. (or Contract 2K at Delta).

Who has the best work rules? Let's all get that!
Who has the best reserve guarantee? Let's all get that!
Who has the best retirement contributions? Let's all get that!

No pilot group is any "better" than the other. We all got hired where we got hired. Now let's not settle and move forward!

I'm a little fired up because I've flown with too many captains who have a defeatist attitude. They say, "we can't ask for pay and retirement and work rules all at once."
In my opinion, is was taken all at once. We all made "temporary" concessions to stay afloat. Temporary doesn't mean "reset." It shouldn't take two or three decades (ie., an entire career) to recover.

I'm a little fired up because I've flown with too many captains who have a defeatist attitude. They say, "we can't ask for pay and retirement and work rules all at once."
In my opinion, is was taken all at once. We all made "temporary" concessions to stay afloat. Temporary doesn't mean "reset." It shouldn't take two or three decades (ie., an entire career) to recover.

Right on!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back