• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Enlisted Crew to WO/Pilot in the Guard?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sunday morning I met a UH-60 crew from the 2/224th while waiting for our pax in GSO. They flew down on a training flight, and another 60 from the 2/224th had flown in earlier that morning, and they were parked and gone already when I showed up for my flight.

I didn't have time to chat with their chief, but the cadet that was riding along said they had open 15T slots. I'm still working with the local recruiter and am waiting on the poop about out-of-state Guard units, after which I will call the number you sent. Thanks very much for that, too, by the way. The guys I met Sunday spoke very highly of the female Sgt. Major. That's kind of new for me. A female Sgt. Major. LOL. Was she RW maintenance before going into 'management'?

Thanks again!

Minh

I don't recall all of her background, but she was in the FW unit at RIC for a good number of years. She really is a first rate NCO.

Again, good luck.

There are plenty of slots available, and waivers to go with it. We had a guy who just came back at 41. He was 39 when he went, prior 15 series. With AZ, you need to be in the guard for one year, not sure about other states. We've got plenty of WO slots available, however they are restricted to people already in the Arizona ARNG.

Things haven't eggzackery gone as initially planned. I know already that a WOFT slot is never going to happen. In fact, right now I'll be lucky to get a Crew Chief slot.

Lotsa stuff happening.

Minh :(

Latest resources

Back