Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

ENGINE RUNS
We have had a few crews improperly following the procedure for an engine run and then filing an ASAP when they discovered an error. An ASAP will no longer be accepted if the procedures are not followed. Pilots must follow the procedures exactly as outlined in the FOM Section 2 page 26.
Fly 'em, don't fix 'em.

It's simple. If you're not trained, then say no thanks.

So, if a checklist error is no longer an unintentional mistake not covered by ASAP, I'm assuming the FAA now considers a checklist error intentional ("Yes, I meant to run the checklist wrong"). I would further assume that a checklist error in the plane is no longer covered by ASAP. Pigs flying, hell freezing over, cats and dogs sleeping together.

I Don't know about you Folks....But, MY License says:

"Airline Transport Pilot"

I always assumed that meant that I fly the planes... and someone else fixes 'em.

Unless I'm operating outside of 121 parameters...AKA "Sky Pirate" / Ferry Pilot, I don't play the "engine-run-Captain-could-you-taxi-the-airplane-to-the Gate?" game.

F.U.

Staff your airline properly. ( Oh, that's also not my job....)

Who is still doing aCapella engine run-ups? We should always remember to do our job, and not do others. Delay the flight, and get the job done right.

Oh and don't worry about that frost on the top of the wing. It will burn off in the overcast.

What about all those bonding straps?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back