Engine Run...Give it Mx

densoo

Total Time
yes
ENGINE RUNS
We have had a few crews improperly following the procedure for an engine run and then filing an ASAP when they discovered an error. An ASAP will no longer be accepted if the procedures are not followed. Pilots must follow the procedures exactly as outlined in the FOM Section 2 page 26.
Fly 'em, don't fix 'em.

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
It's simple. If you're not trained, then say no thanks.

densoo

Total Time
yes
So, if a checklist error is no longer an unintentional mistake not covered by ASAP, I'm assuming the FAA now considers a checklist error intentional ("Yes, I meant to run the checklist wrong"). I would further assume that a checklist error in the plane is no longer covered by ASAP. Pigs flying, hell freezing over, cats and dogs sleeping together.

Whine Lover

Total Time
12000+
I Don't know about you Folks....But, MY License says:

"Airline Transport Pilot"

I always assumed that meant that I fly the planes... and someone else fixes 'em.

Unless I'm operating outside of 121 parameters...AKA "Sky Pirate" / Ferry Pilot, I don't play the "engine-run-Captain-could-you-taxi-the-airplane-to-the Gate?" game.

F.U.

Staff your airline properly. ( Oh, that's also not my job....)

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
4:30
Who is still doing aCapella engine run-ups? We should always remember to do our job, and not do others. Delay the flight, and get the job done right.

Oh and don't worry about that frost on the top of the wing. It will burn off in the overcast.

What about all those bonding straps?

Last edited:

ron burgundy

Total Time
12000+
What's amatter wit you bitches??? Run em up..burn em up...Fl_l ck em!!!