engine failure video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gear goes down

Found this video and thought it was interesting. It’s a few minutes long, but wait tell the end for the engine failure. The video is narrated by the pilot, quite interesting. I think if you see video of other peoples emergences the more likely you will have a more successful outcome if this unforeseen issue would arise with you someday. Altitude is your friend!! It looks like this guy did do a good job with the very few places to put it down. Thank god he didn’t hit the power lines!:eek:
http://nhexecutivecouncil.com/media-head/aerial/vid.engineout.htm

Seems like not a very dramatic crash, I guess since he's going so slow.
Good job to the pilot!

can someone host this video ina different format or something..i would like to see it and whatever format its in doesnt seemto want to work for me whatever i do...if its quicktime then well i kind of expected it to not run...

A

Wow, good video! From the looks of the area, he didn't have a lot of options on where to land it.

That's why you ALWAYS have a spot picked out no matter what... especially if you're only at 800AGL or whatever he said. You're not sightseeing out the window, you're looking for your landing spot. Let the passengers sightsee! Ultralights and pine trees don't mix. He did a great job flying it until impact, maybe he could have levelled the wings right before impact but he did an awesome job.

Good landing sights may look good from the air, but not from the ground. I would usually show my students a "close-up" of their landing spot after we selected one, then took the controls so they could look outside and see all the hills, stumps, fences, power lines surrounding it. In this case that was the best he could do either that or the stream!

Definitely an ultralight, you can see the shadow in the trees as he approaches to land.

Latest resources

Back