• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

endurance of a Global 6000?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At last recurrent in February, when discussing the fleet renewal plan, the poo-bahs said (paraphrasing): "No decision has been made yet regarding a flight attendant on the Challenger 605."

My guess is the company is posturing because of the ongoing flight attendant contract negotiations (which ARE NOT going well). But the other theory floating around is that FA's on the 605 will be at the customer's REQUEST and ADDITIONAL CHARGE only. Flight attendants will only be "included" in the Global contracts (and, of course, the Gulfstream and Falcon contracts until they depart the pattern).

I would rather have NO flight attendant at all than on a part-time basis. If the new contract erases the 40,000 pound distinction in the pay scale (my fervent hope), I'll bid the CL300 when the time comes.

Are you expected to go back and serve the customers once in cruise on the 605? I would imagine that would be a point of contempt for any 605 share owner. What's the cost % between say, a 605 and a Global for future owners?

Are you expected to go back and serve the customers once in cruise on the 605? I would imagine that would be a point of contempt for any 605 share owner...

Indeed. And before the company gets any such ideas, they might want to review FAR 91.105. Serving dinner is not a "physiological need."

I would rather have NO flight attendant at all than on a part-time basis.

The G200 program had (or maybe still has) part time flight attendants upon request. However, by the time an owner added all of the costs of the flight attendant which NJ wanted, it was usually just easier to request an upgrade to the Falcon 2000 - and you could get warm meals, real dishes and silverware with the FA. It was prohibitively priced.

On a side note, Global N101QS is in the hangar getting equipped in CMH right now. That's number 5 on the property. Good looking jet. Open bids announced today as well-2 PIC, 2 SIC.

Phenom N300QS was also there. First Platinum edition should be on line by June. Cautious optimism grows with new iron.

NJA owner, FA's are available on all aircraft upon request. Cost addition most likely due to non standard crew positioning in a normally non-FA aircraft.

As far as the 605, I would bet that was to secure future orders from Bombardier, and we will opt for something other than the 605. Or maybe a bargaining chip with Dasault or other OEMs. Creating a competitive environment is something our founder failed to do with his limited, impulsive and emotionally based purchases. As it turns out, said loyalty was a one way street.

Take Gulfstream with their refusal to negotiate the $65 Million price on the 650 with the world's largest Gulfstream operator. Anyone who thinks the majority of our owners looking at similarly capable aircraft that differ in cost by $10-$20 million won't consider the alternative is out of their minds. One doesn't retain wealth by wasting it.

Were the 605s ordered to replace the Falcon 2000s (which are looking their age)? Given Netjets's relationship with Embraer and Gulfstream/Galaxy, I am still surprised we won't be seeing G280s or the new Embraer 500s on the flight line replacing the older G200s or C750s. No doubt the CL300 is a fantastic performer and comfy up front, but Flexjet, XOJet and most of the bigger 135 operators offer them. It seemed like a "me too" order (probably at a great price - thanks Sokol!). I am curious to see what the "platinum version" CL300 looks like relative to the many other CL300s out there. Another buddy of mine took a test drive of the G280 recently and LOVED it. Very powerful and the PL Fusion is apparently awesome relative to the current G200 set-up.

How many CL300s on firm order? When will we see the first in NJA colors?

Last edited:
How many CL300s on firm order? When will we see the first in NJA colors?

Yes the CL605 will replace the Falcons and the CL300s will replcace the Xs and perhaps the G-200s

First CL300 is due early 2014 75 firm order
first CL605 early 2015. 25 firm order

Of course you don't care, you have an FO.

Where did I say I don't care? I'd just rather not flip back and forth between having an FA and not having one on a future airframe. The 605 should ABSOLUTELY have an FA on board as a standard crew. I don't want to see the company go the route of offering cabin service as an "option" on a fairly long-range, large cabin aircraft like the 605.

If you're implying I wouldn't clean the back or get the newspapers and catering, I have news for you. I clean, restock, and gofer NOW even when there IS an FA on board. So do the vast majority of my colleagues. The ones with the "serve me" entitlement attitude are usually more recent arrivals to the fleet.

As to the G280, it's a GREAT airplane and NJ asked Gulfstream to submit a proposal. The folks in Savannah said, "um.....NO. Not interested."

Last edited:
Indeed. And before the company gets any such ideas, they might want to review FAR 91.105. Serving dinner is not a "physiological need."

Or required for the safe operation of the flight.

We've had to fly the Gulfstreams without flight attendants (the sick call rate has exploded...can you blame them?). Show 'em where the food and drinks are, conduct the safety briefing, ask them to have a nice flight and we'll see you after landing. Period.

Latest resources

Back