Endeavor attrition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Endeavor will have no fos soon. Delta is about to get their second wake up call when a bunch bail for a hopeful quick upgrade at Mesa. Compass had two full classes of only endeavor pilots. For the month of October in Dtw there are 100 more captains than fos bidding for the same amount of flying. Even if the plan is to downgrade to match fos leaving, they won't be able to keep up becuase with every downgrade announced more people will leave. No one cares about the ssp.

Good.

Will be interesting come January at least.
I think Endeavor is just a Delta stopgap to beat the rest of us down (thanks yes voters!) and then they will be gone just like Comair. They will try to keep one ultra low ball operator, we will just have to wait and see if it's Endeavor or Go jets.
Won't be hard to farm out 80 aircraft after everyone's rates are as low as they can get them.
Anything less than current 76 seat scope allows is done, and that means just a very few regional operations in not too many years!
If you're more than 10 years from mandatory retirement and at a regional it might be a good idea to start catching up on those logbook entries. If you're at Endeavor or Go jets, you need to bail now!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't see Endeavor being gone. The attrition problem will not be unique to Endeavor. When the hiring really cranks up XJet and others will have the same problems in that Captains will be bailing for major airlines and after wages are reduced and 200's leave FO's will be leaving as well.

I don't see Endeavor being gone. The attrition problem will not be unique to Endeavor. When the hiring really cranks up XJet and others will have the same problems in that Captains will be bailing for major airlines and after wages are reduced and 200's leave FO's will be leaving as well.
Why would wages be reduced when evidence clearly shows a lack of qualified applicants at the regional level? Usually when a certain segment can't find enough qualified applicants, wages go up.

Endeavor will have no fos soon. Delta is about to get their second wake up call when a bunch bail for a hopeful quick upgrade at Mesa. Compass had two full classes of only endeavor pilots. For the month of October in Dtw there are 100 more captains than fos bidding for the same amount of flying. Even if the plan is to downgrade to match fos leaving, they won't be able to keep up becuase with every downgrade announced more people will leave. No one cares about the ssp.

Finally some good news

The main problem with going to Mesa or CP is a lot of 4-6yr FO's literally cannot afford to go back to $22-24/hr for who knows how long. If any regional started offering street CA again everyone at Pinnacle would be gone, probably even to GoJet at this point.

The main problem with going to Mesa or CP is a lot of 4-6yr FO's literally cannot afford to go back to $22-24/hr for who knows how long. If any regional started offering street CA again everyone at Pinnacle would be gone, probably even to GoJet at this point.

That's not the only option. Lots of 4-6 year FOs are getting picked up at JetBlue/Virgin/Spirit.

That was the best option, but you were lucky at the time because all the CA's at endeavor thought they had hit the jackpot and Virgin/Spirit/JB were a step down. Now you have sim center APD's trying to get on at Spirit.

That was the best option, but you were lucky at the time because all the CA's at endeavor thought they had hit the jackpot and Virgin/Spirit/JB were a step down. Now you have sim center APD's trying to get on at Spirit.

Your vision of Endeavor/Pinnacle was pretty messed up if you think Virgin/Spirit/JB were a step down. I can tell you that "all the CA's" didn't think that.

Latest resources

Back