Endeavor air ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAPTAINAMERICA

Is Endeavor Air's new hire interview process now set up like Delta mainline ? Does a candidate now have to meet Delta mainline standards to be hired with the exception of the turbine flight times? A Delta MD80 pilot based in Cincinnati, Ohio thought that may be the way it is now. Just checking if anyone knows for sure ? From all the past posts I thought Endeavor Air was already having issues getting applicants let alone making the bar so high just for the hopes of a Delta mainline position someday..... Not to mention dividing the airline and leaving behind the pilots that are already hired and not offering the so called flow thru to them too. Everyone doesn't want to work for Delta mainline. Piss on the flow thru..........

Endeavor is a slowly dying airline being killed off by Delta. Lots of downgrades and displacements coming up. Had a buddy working there and hated it so much he went back to flying freight at Ameriflight.

"Endeavor interview and testing standards are the same as the Delta Pilot Selection protocol." That's from Etd documents.

I know Delta is part of the team that reviews applicants and I'm also pretty sure a Delta employee is part of the panel interview. Hundreds have applied but only 6 people have actually started class at 9E under the EtD program.

They're not getting anyone because the pay is bad and the upgrade is terribly long (about 7 years) and getting longer every month. Add on the 2 years CA experience required to flow to DL and you're looking at 9+ years to get to DL as of now. Of course things can change though, so who knows how long it will really take. With how much they are shrinking I sure wouldn't count on upgrade time dropping for many years.

For every 1 person hired, there are at least 10 people leaving. Captains are being downgraded in order to fill the right seat. The way things are going it will be impossible to staff the 81 -900's by the end of next year.

There are much better places to get hired.

For every 1 person hired, there are at least 10 people leaving.

That's not an exaggeration if anyone is wondering. Through the end of July there were an average of 41 resignation and 3 new hires per month.

A ton of new hires would help all the current pilots there, but it's pretty obvious why almost nobody wants to go.

On a related note, the FO rate was going to hit $50 per hour this December under the old contract. Now it'll stay in the $30s until about 2018.

That's not an exaggeration if anyone is wondering. Through the end of July there were an average of 41 resignation and 3 new hires per month.

A ton of new hires would help all the current pilots there, but it's pretty obvious why almost nobody wants to go.

On a related note, the FO rate was going to hit $50 per hour this December under the old contract. Now it'll stay in the $30s until about 2018.

Bringing back pre BK of wages would help the attrition from the FO ranks. Most of the FO's I fly with are at 7-8 years, in their early to mid 30's, crushing student loan debt, and have nothing to show for their work. Potential pilots see this and want nothing to do with those prospects.

Bringing back pre BK of wages would help the attrition from the FO ranks. Most of the FO's I fly with are at 7-8 years, in their early to mid 30's, crushing student loan debt, and have nothing to show for their work. Potential pilots see this and want nothing to do with those prospects.

Won't happen because Delta is hell bent on using our contract to cut the pay to SkyWest and ExpressJet next year.... If Endeavor can last that long.

I bet your FOs wish you guys would move on to a Legacy or LCC.... That might help their wages....

Bye Bye---General Lee

More like the lifers wish we'd stop quitting so they don't find themselves back as FO or even unemployed.

I bet your FOs wish you guys would move on to a Legacy or LCC.... That might help their wages....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I was on a Delta jump seat the other day and the crew were awesome. I liked hearing the story of the guy who was waiting for a buddy to get ready to go to the bar and while he was waiting, he filled out his application in pencil, guessed his hours-turned out they were wrong so when into his military sim to "increase his hours" so he could match up log books. He went to the interview in a old suit that did not fit, paid for no prep and was hired. I might add that he was military so that might have trumped everything. I guess a decade or two of flying passengers safely being crapped on makes it necessary to have us jump through all those hoops in order to get a job. Major pilots=double standard.

Latest resources

Back