• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Encore VS 400XP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the ultra has the same motors as the beech, obviously the cessna brand is worse since it has sold so many of the straight wing jets. It must suck getting slowed down by a ce-500 series every leg. The cessna enginers designed a way to keep our motors running.

the ultra has the same motors as the beech, obviously the cessna brand is worse since it has sold so many of the straight wing jets. It must suck getting slowed down by a ce-500 series every leg. The cessna enginers designed a way to keep our motors running.

For the record the 400 and the ultra do not have the same motors. Different dash numbers. The ultra engines have the one piece fans, 400 does not.

You might not fly it broken but if you fly it to the letter by the books you're not going anywhere... Thats a fact.

You have to remember. Part 91 operators do NOT have to make departure climb gradients on one engine. So whats to stop them from departing Aspen under any conditions? Runway BFL only.

They always make 3.3 with two engines.

You have to remember. Part 91 operators do NOT have to make departure climb gradients on one engine. So whats to stop them from departing Aspen under any conditions? Runway BFL only.

They always make 3.3 with two engines.

That is not true. ALL Part 25 A/C Ops must meet climb req's. ALL Part 23 A/C Ops that are Part 91 are just like you mentioned.

Just my .02 cents...YMMV.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that is on an IFR flightplan. You can depart VFR and do whatever you like. And, out of Aspen that is what most Part 91 Ops do. VFR to the first fix then an IFR flightplan there-after.

Last edited:
For the record the 400 and the ultra do not have the same motors. Different dash numbers. The ultra engines have the one piece fans, 400 does not.

I don't think that one-piece fan makes any difference in the flameout issues. It is essentially the same engine.

So if these are such different engines, would someone please enlighten me on the huge difference between the -5 and -5D? Besides 80 lb. of thrust (2965 vs. 3045) and a one piece fan?

Gawd almighty, I'm no engineer, but there's not that much difference between the two series. And if there is, please fill me in. Six years in these two airplanes and I must have skipped powerplant day in every recurrent.

Latest resources

Back