• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Encore VS 400XP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am curious how much time you have in it?

More then enough to know. In fact enough to know that the jet is a worthless pile. Enough time to leave the jet at the first chance I got, because I don't consider it very safe. Flameouts with lame excuses from and lame fixes from Raytheon, is BS.

Enough time to know that if you actually fly the thing by the numbers, you aren't going any where.

Give it up, the Encore is twice the jet the 400 is and the Ultra is 1.5x the jet the 400 is.

More then enough to know. In fact enough to know that the jet is a worthless pile. Enough time to leave the jet at the first chance I got, because I don't consider it very safe. Flameouts with lame excuses from and lame fixes from Raytheon, is BS.

Enough time to know that if you actually fly the thing by the numbers, you aren't going any where.

Give it up, the Encore is twice the jet the 400 is and the Ultra is 1.5x the jet the 400 is.

Just like I thought....0

If it is so unsafe, explain the fact that the only fatal 400 Accidents (the last time I checked) were CFIT. That really sounds unsafe to me. In fact most of the other accidends have been runway over runs by morons who can't manage a ref speed. Yep that sounds really unsafe to me.

Yes, it is much harder to slow down than the 560. Maybe that is what scares you so bad. Maybe that is all you can handle.

Why are you so offended that anyone would like the Beechjet? Your name calling and scare tactics are really professional. You have done nothing to answer the thread starters question other that act like the playground bully. Grow up! People are allowded to have a different opinion that you! If you don't have anything worthwile to say...SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Just like I though....0

Actually, re-read RNObased's post. He says he's flown the plane:

More then enough to know. In fact enough to know that the jet is a worthless pile. Enough time to leave the jet at the first chance I got, because I don't consider it very safe.

By the way, I think you meant to say "thought" not "though".

Actually, re-read RNObased's post. He says he's flown the plane:]

I saw what he said, I just do not believe him. It was a simple question of how much time he had in it and he could not answer it.

The fact that he was offended that someone was happy to have gotten the job told me volumes.

The fact that he was offended that someone was happy to have gotten the job told me volumes.

Where did RNObased say that he was offended that you got your job?

About all I've seen RNObased say is that the 400 is not a good-performing plane when flown by the limitations in the AFM and that based on his experience, he doesn't like the plane.

Here. Not me, the thread starter.

RNObased's response was indeed directed towards the attitude of the thread starter and not you, which is what I thought you were inferring.

But you still haven't proven that RNObased hasn't flown the 400. And you still haven't disproven his position that the 400 doesn't perform well when flown by the book.

If you like the 400, then good for you. But look at some actual performance numbers and you'll see that the Encore can do things that the 400 cannot. There is a difference between opinion and fact.

RNObased's response was indeed directed towards the attitude of the thread starter and not you, which is what I thought you were inferring.

But you still haven't proven that RNObased hasn't flown the 400. And you still haven't disproven his position that the 400 doesn't perform well when flown by the book.

If you like the 400, then good for you. But look at some actual performance numbers and you'll see that the Encore can do things that the 400 cannot. There is a difference between opinion and fact.

I never said that the encore could not do things the Beechjet can't. In fact, if you go back a couple of pages and read my response to the mountain airport question you will see that.. As well you and RNO based has accused every 400A/400XP pilot of violating FARS because you say you cant do ANYTHING if you fly it by the numbers. I always fly the aircraft by the numbers and do not have a problem. That is a bunch of crap and you know it. He has also done nothing to prove his point that it cant. Or that it is unsafe. He has also done nothing to prove to me that he has flown it, though he did say there was more room in the cockpit.

He also said who cares about Cabin..... Well, I do, because it is very important to the man that signs my paycheck. It matters to him, because at 6'2" his head is always on the ceiling of the 560, even when side tracked.

So the Encore can do a few things better than the 400....Wohooo... The lear 45XR will clean the encore's clock... so what, it does not make any of them a POS.

With the exception of the proline 21 aircraft, the 560's avionics are crap compared to the Beechjets. Not to mention the countless times I have been told to maintain 300 KTS or grater. No problem in the Beechjet, that equals an off course vector in the 560. I know that to be a fact.

Just like I thought....0

If it is so unsafe, explain the fact that the only 400 s (the last time I checked) were CFIT. That really sounds unsafe to me. In fact most of the other accidends have been runway over runs by morons who can't manage a ref speed. Yep that sounds really unsafe to me.

Yes, it is much harder to slow down than the 560. Maybe that is what scares you so bad. Maybe that is all you can handle.

Why are you so offended that anyone would like the Beechjet? Your name calling and scare tactics are really professional. You have done nothing to answer the thread starters question other that act like the playground bully. Grow up! People are allowded to have a different opinion that you! If you don't have anything worthwile to say...SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Man oh man. I need to grow up???. I have never told you to shut up. I just said love the thing I don't care, I know it is a pile. I have flown the silly thing.

I don't have my time down to the tenth of an hour, because I don't care that much. I would say somewhere around 500-600hrs, more then enough to know it is a joke of a jet. Unsafe refers to the repeated dual flameouts.

Now let's talk about professional tactics. Questioning my ability to slow down a jet, wow that is . The fact is I never had trouble in that regard, because it isn't that fast.

I have never said you can't have a different opionion then I have. I will type this out again for you. I don't really care if you like the jet. Make that the only jet you ever fly, I really don't care. Is that good enough for you??

BTW, I'm done responding to you. You are obviously a little too wrapped around the axle to see that I'm dealing with facts and you are basically calling me a liar. Have a good turkey day.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back