• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Encore VS 400XP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wouldn't it be entirely possible the 400XP is a perfectly good airplane in its market segment, it just wasn't designed for a 121-like ops tempo?

Wouldn't it be entirely possible the 400XP is a perfectly good airplane in its market segment, it just wasn't designed for a 121-like ops tempo?

BINGO!!!

I also think that being a new type in the fleet, operators have to get used to it. They have been running Citations since the onset and know the airplane like the back of their hand. Both Maintenance and Pilots. Those who have run the Beechjet for years often feel the same.

Its not the ops tempo. The things aren't breaking because they are built tough.

They can't complete any sort of segment because NJ pilots are actually opening up the books and realizing that with anti ice on the penalty can't get you the 3.3 at sea level. You also can't make the 3.3 on some days in summer.

MX has nothing to do with performance in this case.

We did MRF and RTN a good bit. DEN and ASE. That is admittedly not its strong point. The straight wing will perform better there. We do west coast a couple times per year and it 1 stops very comfotably.

That still does not make the airplane a POS. Each aircraft has its strong point.

I just don't understand why people trash planes they never flew. I answered the question because I have flown both. I gave my opinion strictly based on MY aircraft opinion. NOT Net Jets mission specific. That is why I stated that I was not a Net Jets Pilot. The passengers I flew in both liked the cabin, head room and flat floor of the beechjet far better than the 560.

400A, as you said, every plane has it's strong points. I have flown the 400XP along with many others here...and I dont think that it compares to the citations. Not to mention that the dual flame out issue raises an eyebrow too.

But, the cabin is nice and the sound system in it is nice too.

I'll take a 400xp with TCAS (and Collins avionics) over our Ultras without TCAS (and crappy Honeywell avionics) any day.

I absolutely loved the Encore... I had flown the 500, the V, the Ultra and then the Encore, and only the Encore was as refined as the X... I especially loved it's ground handling and taxing characteristics, as a result of the new main gear.

Landings too were a lot nicer as a result.. And Mach .755 all day long..

One of the other issues that alot of people don't think about is how much each respective airplane will be worth after taking it from the factory and flying it for two years and 500 hours. I guarantee that the Citation will hold its value 100 times better. That should tell you something about the airplanes and how they are viewed on the open market!

Latest resources

Back