• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
Questions, for all of you out there?

What is the overall employment picture for Pilots, in aviation, at this time?

What are the employment v.s. unemployed pilot percentages?

I am looking forward to your answers.

Take a look at the post "How Many Are Still Out" on the majors board. Then think about if they are not hiring (and will not be for 3 to 5 years (except SWA, FedEx, perhaps AirTran, ATA, & Alaska), there is no movement from the regionals.

There are Corporate jobs available; however, those are always "right place at the right time" and "who you know" and you usually have time in type.

It's a tough market. I would suggest to just hang in where you are located and let things ride. Life isn't fair, and aviation sure proves that chosing a career in this business isn't fair.

not av. related, but still interesting

The state of Oregon, if it can hold on for the end of July will set a new record for unemployment.

Currently the state of oregon has had the highest unemployment rate in the nation for the last 11 months. One more and it will claim a new title for the longest running highest unemployment rate.

This sitch partly due to the tech influence in the nw-ern corner. (This industry being hit hard in all locations around the nation)

I dont know how this reflects on the people or just my bounds of energy, but I currently hold two jobs. And neither were overly-difficult to acquire...

Ali

Theres money in Starbucks! Actually, the flight school I train at was recently bought by a guy who sells beans to Starbucks (he likes aviation so he bought the school!).

Latest resources

Back