• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Employment History

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did the dirt bag Part 91 carrier provide a notice of termination? Or was it all verbal? If it was verbal, then I'd worry even less.

Nope, I handed them my letter of resignation and they literally threw it back at me and said they would not accept it. They then sent me to the outside guest waiting area and had a closed door meeting for about 10 minutes. When it was over they collected my company keys and CC and said that day was my last.

Employment history

"Initial post is a little misleading,"

Well this just tears it. Just kidding...why not try? You would only kick yourself in the arse later if you didnt. Good luck and keep us updated on the progress.

Cub

Nope, I handed them my letter of resignation and they literally threw it back at me and said they would not accept it. They then sent me to the outside guest waiting area and had a closed door meeting for about 10 minutes. When it was over they collected my company keys and CC and said that day was my last.

If that's the real story (and I have no reason to doubt it), you were not fired, you resigned and the company took it badly. I would not put down on any employment history that you were fired from that company. Just put it down as a resignation for "career advancement" and never think about it again.

Good Luck!

If that's the real story (and I have no reason to doubt it), you were not fired, you resigned and the company took it badly. I would not put down on any employment history that you were fired from that company. Just put it down as a resignation for "career advancement" and never think about it again. Good Luck!
Here I must disagree with you - you should put whatever shows on your record! Do your own PRIA check or if you got friends at the HR department at your current company ask them to do one for you. If it says, termination - use that term on all application forms and simply include an addendum explaning the situation. No big deal!

However, if you use one term and the background check reveals something else - well, that implies that you’re trying to hide something. Recruiters are human beings who understand aviation industry very well. However, they have very little patience with lies, half-truths, or implications. Being straight forward will always earn you respect in their eyes; I know it did at my former regional airline and I don't see why it’d be any different at a major airline - all recruiters, no matter which airline, are human beings too.

Also, something else to remember - certain airlines use the term “termination” exclusively for all employees who ended their employment there, whether voluntarily or when asked to resign. In other words, if a person submitted his/her resignation letter once the resignation was accepted and the paperwork was processed, the ‘separation’ documents showed “Termination” as the reason. I remember several pilots who asked us to conduct a PRIA test on their behalf while they were applying with major airlines. On several occasions we saw the term ‘termination’ on their paperwork which always freaked them out. However, once they called their previous employer and checked with their friends who used to work there too they all realized it was a standard procedure at that company and they all showed “termination” as the reason for leaving. ...after all, technically their employment was terminated since they resigned and thus were no longer there...you know "you say tomatoes I say tomatoes."

Long story to a small problem – to summarize - basically you ain’t got no problem!

Latest resources

Back