• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Empire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While Empire hasn't always made the best choices regarding training contracts and a few other issues,( I really don't agree with how training contracts are being enforced)-I think that they are getting a bad rap on this post-especially from Lion of Zion. I don't really know why you are so bitter. I personally don't see how anyone could compare Empire with Ameriflight.

Empire is what it is. For some people it has worked out to be a fairly good deal, and for others it has not. As far as training contracts go-don't accept a job offer unless you are planning on spending your time there or paying it out if you leave early. Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying that you have to work here and sign the training contract.

For me-Empire has been a pretty sweet gig-sure, I would have gone to Skywest of QX if they had hired me first, but I got a faily quick upgrade into the ATR. I don't plan on staying here forever, they pay is a little below industry standard. It's a stepping stone job for most people.

Before you go there, be sure to research the training contracts both for initial and upgrade. If you have low time it will probably be a long time to upgrade, if you have high time and are not picky about a domicile, then you could potentially upgrade fairly quickly. Also some of our guys have recently been getting on with good companies such as Alaska Airlines-121 Multi-engine turbo-prop PIC time is still valualble.

If you go to Empire, just do your research on the pay scale, training contracts and days off. Sure, it would be nice to get more money, but I don't really think that some of they guys who are whining have much to complain about when they saw the payscale when they got hired. In reality, you are not really guarenteed anything much more that weekends off. Just know what you are getting into and you will not be dissapointed. Empire is really NOT a bad place to work if you keep everything in perspective.

It's impossible to "know what you are getting into" unless you ask people who work there and that's what this guy has done. I think the pilots who have left have a very legitimate reason for being pissed. Yes, everyone knows the old cliche that no one held a gun to your head but they also expected Empire to hold up their end of the bargin; in no place on that contract does it mention a collection agency or charging 12% interest. Maybe you've forgot the threats imposed by the company on good pilots over the companies up-grade contracts over the last year and a half? It does no one any good to "rosy" up the Empire image and have them get hired, hate it here and can't leave. Call a spade a spade...Empire used to be an awesome company and I do think it's possible for them to be one again but not over night. In the past I have recomended several friends to work here, they now have a financial nightmare on their hands and I'm completely embarresed.

As I've stated before if you take most of the posts and mix them together that it's Empire in a nutshell. I think that loinofzion is not all that off the mark. And I'm pretty sure if you re-read his post about Ameriflight he's saying if you are using the two for a stepping stone that you will upgrade sooner, get your time sooner and move on with TPIC sooner and that you'll at least know what you are getting with Ameriflight plus no twisted contracts.

The F-27 is a fine airplane. Sure, it was noisy and slow, but the ol girl never let me down. Unfortunatly, I never had the opportunity to fly the F from the left seat. I would love to have an F-27 type rating on my certificate.

Whoa, I freakin loved the F. My point is, they treat it like I owe them for what they've given me. When you subtract what I'm paying back from the money I made, signing that contract was one of the dumber things I've done (in a finiancial sense only). Depends what you're willing to go through to say you got to do something.

How often do they hire into DFW bases?

They are probably looking for some people right now to fly the F-27 out of AFW.

One street F-27 PIC, Ict-Afw-Ict. M-F morning (4 trips a week) Show around 10:00 pm local, fly to Afw. Leave Afw around 3:30 am back to Ict with total flight time of 2.8-3.0 a night. Starting pay is around 40K, o.k. medical, 401K after 6 months. You will sign a unbreakable, narly training contract for 18 months or $13,000 which ever comes first. O.k. company with excellent pilot group. This position is best for someone who is from the Wichita area and not looking to move on for a while. PM for more info.

God bless the F.
I saw one on the GEG ramp last week. It looked so awesome, sitting their all alone. I had to walk up and pat it's nose and take one last photo of the ol' gal. She was slow, noisy and antiquated but I'm proud to be one of the last people on earth to fly one. There are those who have and have not.

One street F-27 PIC, Ict-Afw-Ict. M-F morning (4 trips a week) Show around 10:00 pm local, fly to Afw. Leave Afw around 3:30 am back to Ict with total flight time of 2.8-3.0 a night. Starting pay is around 40K, o.k. medical, 401K after 6 months. You will sign a unbreakable, narly training contract for 18 months or $13,000 which ever comes first. O.k. company with excellent pilot group. This position is best for someone who is from the Wichita area and not looking to move on for a while. PM for more info.

This position had been filled in house and is now closed. Empire is still hiring for ATR F/O's in ANC.

Latest resources

Back