• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Empire run out of Wichita and Alliance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That particular run is an F27. However, FedEx plans to put an ATR on it in the near future. If you get hired as a captain starting pay is 41K the first year. As for the actual lifestyle and flight time, I do not know. I have not flown out of that particular base. I will say that Empire is a fine place to work.....if you get the base you want.

Also, I know for a fact that we need captains at that base. Nobody in the company seems to want it.

Last edited:
What kind of time do they look for (captain) on a run like that? Actually, that particular run would be awesome.

For F27/ATR captains: 3000TT, 1000multi, 1000 or 500 turbine (not quite sure), and 500 crew.

Apply quickly! Only one or two possitions open.

capnflyright said:
Just wondering what the runs are like. Sitting? Flying? Pay? Schedule? F27 or ATR? Thank you in advance.
Alright, heres the skinny: The ICT-AFW-ICT run is a four night (monday night to early friday morning) a week flight that shows at 10:15 pm local time with a 1.4 hour flight to AFW. You sit around for three hours and depart AFW for ICT around 3:30am. 3.0 hours a night. Then you will be on reserve from Friday to monday with a two hour call out. The run will stay a F-27 run for as long as the plane holds out, expect years. As a F captain you can expect to fly our Midland Tx run, AFW hot spare run and anything else the company would want you to do. The pay and the company are o.k. but the F is a mighty airplane worthy of all its good and bad rumors. We need two street captain pronto! so I can go home and pick up my life...been in a hotel since March 2005.

Schicer said:
For F27/ATR captains: 3000TT, 1000multi, 1000 or 500 turbine (not quite sure), and 500 crew.

Apply quickly! Only one or two possitions open.

Ah, thanks...yeah, I'm a bit shy of that right now. How about co-pilots on that run? Is there much of a turnover, and if so how does Empire go about basing new hires? I'm in Kansas City right now and wouldn't mind getting back down towards ICT in the next 4 months or so. :) Thanks!

I would apply via the Empire website, the minimums should be posted. On the cover letter I would emphasize the fact that you want to fly out of ICT.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. ;)

Hey blingair, you almost sound kinda like you don't care much for that beautiful area called Wichita! Cuz there's quite a bit to do there, and the night-life is quite active. Maybe you should just try and give it a couple 6 or 7 more months and then re-think your opinion of the hip metropolis.

Latest resources

Back