Emirates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DHPFLYN

Do you get flight benefits to non-rev? Just curious it would be nice to get in one of those first class seats !!

Thanks

Do you get flight benefits to non-rev? Just curious it would be nice to get in one of those first class seats !!

Thanks

First Officers get Business class benefits and Captains get First Class. It's not like in the USA. Tickets are purchased from company travel at various discount rates similar to ID90 or ZED. One firm annual leave ticket is given per year. At various length of service milestones additional space available tickets can be obtained almost free. DXB-JFK round trip in First Class is about $500 last time I looked, probably more now with fuel surcharges. DXB-LHR used to be around $200 in Business Class and maybe $250 in First. In Feb I bought a Business class Round trip to HKG for $214. First Class to Beijing and back was $268 last August.

Typhoonpilot

Typhoonpilot:

Are annual leave and annual destination tickets based on a calendar year? For example, if you get hired in May/June can you use all your 42 days leave before the end of the year and do you qualify for the annual dest. tickets that same year? I think there's a 6 month restriction in there somewhere....

Thanks,

TooLow

Last edited:
TP,

Are the cost of business seat travel positive space or only space available? Is it also unlimited travel? My last question is, do you get buddy passes like they do here in usa?

TP,

Are the cost of business seat travel positive space or only space available? Is it also unlimited travel? My last question is, do you get buddy passes like they do here in usa?

Space available. Unlimited for your immediate family. No buddy passes.

Annual leave tickets are based on the Fiscal Year which runs April 1st to March 31st. I believe you can use them after 6 months. If you joined in May then you would get a prorated amount of the 42 days for the Fiscal year and those can be used in that year.

TP

could you give me an idea of your schedule? Average amount of days off? I have seen that you bid in a different senority level each month. That does sound nice so you aren't on the bottom all the time.

could you give me an idea of your schedule? = No, there is no typical schedule. The trips are so diverse and rosters so different that one can't point to a typical roster and say, "this is what it is" Average amount of days off? = 12, not including vacation or rest days. I have seen that you bid in a different senority level each month. That does sound nice so you aren't on the bottom all the time.

Typhoonpilot

EK Dental

TP:

How do you rate EK's dental care? I'm wondering whether to have a crown done with my dentist in the US or wait till I'm in Dubai and let EK foot the bill...

Thanks

Emirates will make you do a pre-employment dental exam with your dentist and refund your costs. On the piece of paper that you give your dentist states that all major work ie. (fillings, crowns, wisdom teeth removal) needs to be done before joining.

Sioux

Latest resources

Back