Emirates Question / Dubai life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Varmint,

Blunt is good. I appreciate it. Im just trying to change direction in aviation and get into the airline world and out of corporate.

Does anyone else have anything to add?

Many thanks,

Avrat

Yes, they have a weight requirement for aircraft experience. 30<tonnes. Might not be easy to get in the cooperate world.

Hey everyone. How does Emirates view candidates with no prior 121 experience? I am a corporate 91/135 guy looking to branch out. Emirates would be great as me and the wife are looking for a major change in scenery and life.

Any input is appreciated.

Avrat
You could try and apply with companies that are more desperate, like EVA for example, I don't know what their requirements are but it would be worth your while just to be able to tick the box and then you can apply for the gig you want, the first step to get out of corporate flying is to get out of corporate flying, I did it for many years and had to do just that. A close friend took a job on an E175 just to get the airline time, now he got hired as a DEC on a 73. Just a thought, good luck

Is EVA desperate right now?
As far as Dubai, I was just there and the 777s are lined up like the 737s are at LUV field. It is an impressive operation.

Yes, they have a weight requirement for aircraft experience. 30<tonnes. Might not be easy to get in the cooperate world.

not that difficult either. I had the weight experience covered at my corporate job but since a Gulfstream isn't an "airliner" it wasn't good enough.

Latest resources

Back