Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

beech1900kid

Information sessions for experienced pilots
Emirates Airline is a dynamic, multicultural organization with ambitious growth plans and a strong record of profitable growth. Due to our rapidly expanding fleet of Airbus A330/A340 and Boeing 777 aircraft, including orders of 58 Airbus A380s, 53 Boeing 777s and 120 Airbus A350s, we are recruiting experienced and technically proficient First Officers to fly our extensive international route network and progress their careers to Captain.

Emirates will be conducting information sessions in the United States during April. These sessions will provide more information on Emirates, our selection programme, the benefits of living and working in Dubai and details of our remuneration package. We will be able to review your experience and, if our criteria are met, an invitation to attend a full selection programme in Dubai may be extended (travel fully funded).

Please note that the sessions will begin sharply at the respective times and spouses are welcome to attend.

7th April 2008

Detroit
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport,
2501 Worldgateway Place
Detroit, Michigan
10.00am – 1.30pm

8th April 2008
Cincinatti
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
1717 Airport Exchange Blvd,
Erlanger, Kentucky
10.00am – 1.30pm

9th April 2008
Atlanta
The Atlanta Renaissance Concourse
One Hartsfield Centre Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia
10.30am – 2.00pm

We ask you to bring the following items:

• Copy of your online application (if available)
  • Original licence and medical certificate
  • Verification of flying hours (logbooks or certified statements)
For further information and to apply online, please visit www.emiratesgroupcareers.com.

I got one of these Emails (i guess since I applied last year). Could someone please post what the talked about at these sessions....I am guessing since spouses were invited they convince them that Bahrain is a great place for women to live. This was the barrier that kept me from pursuinig and opportunity there further. Anyone under 30 and single this job would be great. I have some friends there and they love it.

The first thing you will learn from the session is that Emirates is based out of Dubai.

Apparently you have not been to Dubai. Dubai is more western than most western countries.

Like stated above, Dubai is more western than most western states.....or as they like to say, " what happens in dubai --stays in dubai". Still it is the middle east, but the attitude in UAE is very different from its neighbors....making it very livable if you can afford it.

For anyone that went to a information session. Just curious how many people attended?​

About 50 in DTW

Not trying to flame or be too negative, but did EK talk about:

1. Serious currency issues and hyper-inflation leading to loss of purchase power in Dubai (very expensive) and how they would counteract that?

2. Attrition issues with pilots. I don't believe everything I read on Pprune (seems to be quite negative), but I am sure some of the negativity is based on truth. Some pilots are VERY negative and mad about the situation there. Can EK explain why "a fair number" of pilots are leaving beyond just normal attrition? How do they intend to keep pilots for the long term? Moving your family to Dubai is a big deal. Too bad they can't be more progressive like Cathay and offer a few non-Dubai bases...

Plus, if you can relay any of the positives you gleened from the EK meeting that would be appreciated.

One of the first comments I heard about EK was that "you won't get rich".

I talked to a bunch of EK guys either on the phone or via email and it seemed the single, younger guys were pretty happy and those with families were less so.

The money, inflation and potential for stagnation scared me off--for now. TC

I read on Pprune (seems to be quite negative), but I am sure some of the negativity is based on truth. Some pilots are VERY negative and mad about the situation there./quote]

Pilots......negative.........pilots mad.........which airline are you NOT talking about here.

Headed to Dubai on 30 June.

Dick

Latest resources

Back