• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates Information sessions USA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A while ago, I remember hearing something about never being able to come back to the US to fly once you work in a foreign country.

Is there any truth to this? Specifically, working for Emirates, and coming back to fly for UPS.

Thanks.

-Dusty
????? What's your source for that info?

A while ago, I remember hearing something about never being able to come back to the US to fly once you work in a foreign country.

Is there any truth to this? Specifically, working for Emirates, and coming back to fly for UPS.

Thanks.

-Dusty

I believe that due to the terms of a government contract to carry U.S. Mail, that UPS and FedEx have a requirement for the pilots to have been residents of the U.S. for the last 5 years. Other than that, normal rules of employment apply - passport or green card and the requisite qualifications.

If you are under 5,000 hrs total you are not qualified. Or I should say not competative. So if you go to the seminar don't expect them to offer you much.

I believe that due to the terms of a government contract to carry U.S. Mail, that UPS and FedEx have a requirement for the pilots to have been residents of the U.S. for the last 5 years. Other than that, normal rules of employment apply - passport or green card and the requisite qualifications.

Thanks, I'll look into it now.

I don't have a "source", just something that I remember posted on one of these message boards. I do remember, however that it the post said there was a 2 year restriction, rather than never.

What about passenger airlines that carry US mail? I don't think that they have a residency requirement for employment.

Latest resources

Back