• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates in talks with AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
only time will tell...you don't have a very good track record in this matter. I'm on the inside. Its amazing how you think you know more about Emirates' business plan than the insiders do.

Remember how embarrassed you were when JFK-Milan was announced? Especially the day before it was officially announced, you ranted about how that will NEVER EVER happen. Only defense you had next morning was something about the hot desert and my layover in Dhaka.

Btw, JFK-MXP starts Oct 1st and the flights loads are already well overbooked into December.

Maybe a second daily JFK-MXP is in the pipeline? Now i'm just purely speculating with no inside info!! :smash:

Wow, you're on the INSIDE!!! Thanks Sugar Al Maktoum! So anyways.... You might have a good shot at MXP to JFK (I thought you said maybe buy a portion of AA? They fly MXP to JFK also, right? Look at Flt 199), but who the heck came up with Birmingham to Boston? Just when I think you figured it out, someone over there pulls a route out of their rear and pretty much makes everyone wince and shake their head. So Mr. Insider, go back to the dart board and figure out where else to go. Where was the other mentioned new route? I need a good laugh again. Oh, I did see a new Conakry route 4 days a week on an A343. That really doesn't sound fun. But, I think you should bid it just for the heck of it. Yikes.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
LMAO, EK pilots trolling on FI.com. Things must be getting really bad there.

I'm not sure I follow your logic or humor.... I'm from the states, have worked for several us airlines, and i've been on this board for the last 8 years.

Is flightinfo strictly for US based pilots now?

but who the heck came up with Birmingham to Boston? Just when I think you figured it out, someone over there pulls a route out of their rear and pretty much makes everyone wince and shake their head.
Bye Bye----General Lee

Who is wincing and shaking their head?? You? I can't believe EK forgot to get a consultation from General Lee of FI.com....

I don't' think there is anybody in the business better than Emirates at opening routes and filing aircraft. If they open BHX-BOS then I would bet good money it's going to run at a high load factor. Emirates as a brand has a huge presence in the UK. Birmingham is a lot more convenient than LHR for a lot of US bound Brits, Indians, Pakistanis, etc.

They operate 777's on 40 minute legs. Obviously Emirates is unconventional but the track record speaks for itself. How many years has EK lost money? They seem to be more concerned with hiding profits than making them.

thank you Green. I believe Glee is possibly the stupidest person I have ever dealt with and I don't even know why i spend my time correcting his xenophobia and ignorance.

Get this, I argue with a guy who has never been to Dubai about how Dubai is like.

And for some reason, some Delta guy (Glee) knows more about the meetings I attend about route expansion at EK HQ.

Don't worry Glee, you'll be long retired before Emirates hurts you.

Before General Lee chimes in, just let me fill in the blanks for him

1. "never ever will happen."
2. "delta is better than you"
3. "enjoy your Dhaka layover"
4. "enjoy the Dubai heat"
5. "enjoy the Dubai rapes"
6. "the unions will stop emirates"
7. "Delta skymiles program will stop anyone from flying emirates"
8. "Delta's business class is awesome"
9. "it is unpatriotic that Emirate's buys 100's of Boeing Jets, we shouldn't sell them anything"
10. "Everyone is gay except for me"

repeat

you are welcome General Lee, saved you some time.

And for some reason, this time Glee talked about rapes more than ever. I don't want to know....creepy

Anyway, this round, Glee did manage to mention just about all his predictable responses above. He needs some new material.

Until next time, You'll see me again when some more major news breaks once again proving Glee wrong.

Who is wincing and shaking their head?? You? I can't believe EK forgot to get a consultation from General Lee of FI.com....

I don't' think there is anybody in the business better than Emirates at opening routes and filing aircraft. If they open BHX-BOS then I would bet good money it's going to run at a high load factor. Emirates as a brand has a huge presence in the UK. Birmingham is a lot more convenient than LHR for a lot of US bound Brits, Indians, Pakistanis, etc.

They operate 777's on 40 minute legs. Obviously Emirates is unconventional but the track record speaks for itself. How many years has EK lost money? They seem to be more concerned with hiding profits than making them.

Uhhhhhh, has anyone EVER thought BOS to Birmingham would work? Can you come up with a reason? Why wouldn't BA start that route? Google says Birmingham to London is 118 miles, or 2 hours 40 min by car. Are you sure it is more convenient? Not for people living in London. Only UAL flies from Birmingham to the US. AA tried it to JFK, and it failed. But, that great brand will obviously make it a hit..... We'll see about that, but to BOS? Whaaaaat?

Emirates used to do more 40 min legs, especially between other cities within the region, like Bahrain and Kuwait City. Lately, they cut that way back, adding FlyDubai 737-800s to do many of them. They figured it out, big planes cost a lot to do shorthaul. Both Qatari and Etihad have A320s doing those same type routes.

Maybe they need a consult. You obviously do, and you're welcome.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And for some reason, this time Glee talked about rapes more than ever. I don't want to know....creepy

Anyway, this round, Glee did manage to mention just about all his predictable responses above. He needs some new material.

Until next time, You'll see me again when some more major news breaks once again proving Glee wrong.

We KNOW you don't want to know about rapes and victims going to prison. You're right, that is creepy. Why did that happen? Can I give you the link to watch? It was on Australia's version of "60 Mins". Maybe you don't like knowing what goes on around you?

And, you just can't prove me wrong, the truth is on my side and I'm smarter than you and fv.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm not sure I follow your logic or humor.... I'm from the states, have worked for several us airlines, and i've been on this board for the last 8 years.

Is flightinfo strictly for US based pilots now?

Trolling -
informal
submit a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response.

Get it?

Trolling -
informal
submit a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response.

Get it?

I understand what trolling is. I just don't see how an EK pilot posting about a possible AA tie up is offensive or provocative? This board is designed for airline news, speculation, and rumors.

Qantas has already been helped immensely by the EK agreement. It might be just what AA needs to compete effectively against UAL/DAL. EK would provide AA with service to India, Africa and could fill in your pacific gap by eventually operating Japan, Thailand, and Phil to the USA.

So why are you angry again?

GLs obsession with EK, SWA et al. is fascinating.

I mean there is nobody on FI who preaches to DAL pilots how their life is...yet he incessantly tells us how ours is.

You going to tell 777 Captains how our life is next....you don't know, nor will you ever (or should you with your behavior)

fv
ps Sorry gents, I little cranky this time of year as I start paying a little bit of tax around now for the first time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back