• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates hub busting. UK-US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General, I meant what happened long before the bankruptcy. I meant the way your elected representatives protected the US auto industry over the years.

I'm pretty sure you knew that....

DTW has had plenty of problems for a long time. You being more specific might have helped. And, some of the auto industry, like GM, got a bailout. Sounds like they were helped when they needed it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

you are underestimating the threat. Believing that local government will step up and protect us is pretty pollyanaish to put it mildly. The whole governmental system, at every level from Wasilla to DC, responds to only one thing - MONEY! Last I checked, Dubai has plenty of it.

The US has a terrible track record in protecting their industries in the International marketplace. I kind of like the analogy about where the Korean's were 25 yrs ago vs today. No doubt the incremental strategy of picking at the edges of the US market is a harbinger of the future.

General,

you are underestimating the threat. Believing that local government will step up and protect us is pretty pollyanaish to put it mildly. The whole governmental system, at every level from Wasilla to DC, responds to only one thing - MONEY! Last I checked, Dubai has plenty of it.

The US has a terrible track record in protecting their industries in the International marketplace. I kind of like the analogy about where the Korean's were 25 yrs ago vs today. No doubt the incremental strategy of picking at the edges of the US market is a harbinger of the future.

Picking at the edges is about all they can due to packed infrastructure. There isn't a lot of room to grow. The big 3 US Majors will protect their hubs and offer connections to them. EK, EY, and QR are all looking for inroads, and most of their connections via their hubs are toward India and Pakistan, not Europe (via Dubai) and Asia from the US. They can try to pick point to point to Europe that may move pax, but so far those choices are suspect. I can sorta understand JFK to Milan, even though 3 other airlines do it from NYC with connections available, but the two recent choices from BOS/MIA are strange to say the least. Nonetheless, it will bare watching, and the managements from the Big 3 are doing that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL,

If Benghazi can be done profitably whereby the crew and equipment are safe....you bet we'll do it.

And it has nothing to do with politics or the moral high ground....

...because if it did why do Delta pilots fly to DXB where rape victims get jailed.

Scandalous!

fv

GL,

If Benghazi can be done profitably whereby the crew and equipment are safe....you bet we'll do it.

And it has nothing to do with politics or the moral high ground....

...because if it did why do Delta pilots fly to DXB where rape victims get jailed.

Scandalous!

fv

Hmmmm. There are probably bad things that happen in many countries, but jailing victims is bad. I wouldn't want to live there. No thanks. Good luck with that...

Bye Bye---General Lee

DTW has had plenty of problems for a long time. You being more specific might have helped. And, some of the auto industry, like GM, got a bailout. Sounds like they were helped when they needed it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I didn't think I needed to be that specific with you, you're not usually the type that needs to be spoon-fed.

Latest resources

Back