• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, you'll find more information on Pprune than here on Flightinfo. Do however, realize that the perspective of some of the negtive posters is skewed by where they are coming from and what their expectations were when joining Emirates.

TP

Hey Typhoon I am real interested in working overseas. I looked at Emirates requirements and they want 2000 jet. I have 2000 turbine pic and about 1100 jet pic. All at a regional. Am I out of luck till I get to something bigger?

I agree with typhoonpilot that Emirates generally only hires guys with previous Boeing/Airbus experience. I'm not aware of anyone getting hired without time in planes bigger than RJ's. I'm not aware of any official company policy at Emirates prohibiting RJ guys, but I think HR has so many applications right now that they can afford to be choosy. I don't think you'd be wasting your time in filling out an online application with just RJ time but I wouldn't expect a call any time soon. Emirates is undergoing massive expansion right now so I'd be surprised if the company could fill all of their recruitment requirements without starting to take RJ people at some point.

Living in Dubai takes a special kind of personality type and Emirates seems to do a reasonably good job of finding people that can fit in over here. Highlighting any international experience that you have or demonstrating any previous expatriate experience would go a long way on an Emirates app.

Good luck!

Most of the guys getting called at EK had previous int'l heavy time; I think that's the key. Int'l carriers don't put as much emphasis on turbo prop or RJ time as much as large turbo jet time. Having time in type is very helpful but not required. EK called me for an interview when I had no time in B777, A300/330/340. I've got time in A320/B767/MD11 as far as large jets are concerned. Doing expat work is not for everyone. It can be very rewarding but for some it feels like an exile. Singapore Airlines is hiring direct entry captains as well. They all want int'l heavy jet glass PIC time.

As far as the 2000 'jet' goes, I've had mixed results with this. I applied 6-8 months ago with about 650 PIC jet (RJ) and 500 SIC jet (757) and about 1300 PIC turbro prop. In other words, my total pure jet time was about 1150. They sent me a polite automated letter that said I did not meet their minimum requirements. I can only assume this was regarding the 2000 jet requirement.

However, about 2 months ago, they invited me to interview in June. And I had not updated the application once since the first time I applied! So either they made a mistake, or they are now letting the 2000 jet requirement slide (I still only have about 1650 Jet time)

Good luck. By the way, you have to buy your own ticket to Dubai. On travelocity, JFK to DXB direct on Emirates is about $1500 round trip. I dont think Im going to be able to do it (Im furloughed). I would love to go the interview if they offered free/discounted tickets on an Emirates flight, but they won't budge on that aspect.

Hey Guys

How is everyone doing?
Bill, got your email and will be in touch soon.
Tim, thank you for your info.

Please keep us posted....can't wait for my visit to the M.E.

See you all very soon.

Hey Typhoon I am real interested in working overseas. I looked at Emirates requirements and they want 2000 jet. I have 2000 turbine pic and about 1100 jet pic. All at a regional. Am I out of luck till I get to something bigger?

The website does state 2000 jet, but in the past they have hired guys with slightly less. I would try to get the other 900 jet but still apply now, as you never know if/when the requirements might change.

Chronic Jetlag said:

Most of the guys getting called at EK had previous int'l heavy time

True to a certain extent, but don't let that put anybody off from applying. I had no widebody time when hired and many others I know didn't either. They hired a lot of Bae-146 drivers out of Oz and New Zealand in 2001 and 2002. That was the biggest thing they had ever flown and they never took it International.

Typhoon what is your opnion on working there.Over a PPrune it doesn't sound to good.

As I said a little earlier, it all depends on your perspective. If you are a glass half full type of guy and enjoy a multicultural environment then you will probably like it. It isn't easy to leave your native country, move half-way around the world, and integrate into a different culture. A lot of the guys on Pprune left Europe and came to Dubai with very high expectations. With the falling Dollar effectively decreasing their earnings and reality of expat living overseas hitting them they have begun to re-think their idea of leaving a national carrier in Europe. Others just complain all the time as a matter of habit.

EK isn't for everyone and it isn't perfect by any means. Just ask Buford about his Villa ;) . Overall though, they do offer a decent job with a decent standard of living.

TP

TP

What's wrong with the villa Buford is in?? Just checked my June roster, **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!!!!!! In the 3rd group of bidding and still being awarded with 10 days of RSV.

My dad flew there from 89 on the 727 till 98 on the 300/310. He was hired as a direct entry captain on the 72. Then when they phased those out they put him in the Airbus. Since it was just before the 777 were there he had to go to the bus. When they finally got the 777's, they wouldnt let him transition because they told him he only had another 5 years of productivity in him(60). He was promised progression thru aircraft based on seniority when they hired him. But when time came, they turned him down. He's kinda stubborn so he quit.(Big mistake). I thoroughly enjoyed visiting him during winters and summers(hot). Dubai is a great place to live, but if I were alone, it might be a little more difficult.

I'd love to fly for them, but seeing that they don't consider Turboprop/RJ time anything significant, I won't be flying for them anytime soon.

Those F/A's are pretty hot too!

Latest resources

Back