Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates could order up to 275 777-X aircraft for replacement & expansion! Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In 2003/4 when Emirates was hiring DECs a USAirways A320 captain slipped through the cracks somehow joining as a DEC on the A330. He was of the same skin color that sniper claims to be. He failed training and was terminated by the chief pilot and fleet manager also of that same skin color ( GN and LL ). Couldn't play the race card here and incompetent pilots are not allowed to stay, no matter what their skin color or gender happen to be. He went to Air Arabia as a DEC on the A320. Scary thought actually.

Wondering if sniper is one and the same?

It would explain the vitriol anyway and, if true, would explain to the audience here where it comes from.

Typhoonpilot

Typhoon that's classic and explains it all! Sniper don't bother with the answer we have all the credentials we need.....

So for the guys flying for them......why is emirates so successful? How do they afford the new planes and the highly compensated ex-pat staff and still charge competitive fares?

I have flown Emirates and several of the carriers over there and it was always great service.

So for the guys flying for them......why is emirates so successful? How do they afford the new planes and the highly compensated ex-pat staff and still charge competitive fares?

I have flown Emirates and several of the carriers over there and it was always great service.

I don't think that the fares are that competitive. Most of the time, Emirates have some of the highest fares on a route. Passengers like being treated with respect, having an all inclusive product without getting nickle and dimed to death, and knowing they will fly a multi-hour segment on a nice newer more spacious wide body airplane. That and great advertising/route planning all contribute to the success IMO.

With that said because of the deterioration of pay/conditions in other parts of the world and a steady stream of pilots now trying to get in the door over here, we are not seeing the same yearly QOL improvements to our T&C that we have in the past. It is very troubling and if I was looking at joining EK now, I would definitely think 3 or 4 times about it because of the deteriorating T&C and because of an extended upgrade time due to getting hired past the peak expansion.

In 2003/4 when Emirates was hiring DECs a USAirways A320 captain slipped through the cracks somehow joining as a DEC on the A330. He was of the same skin color that sniper claims to be. He failed training and was terminated by the chief pilot and fleet manager also of that same skin color ( GN and LL ). Couldn't play the race card here and incompetent pilots are not allowed to stay, no matter what their skin color or gender happen to be. He went to Air Arabia as a DEC on the A320. Scary thought actually.

Wondering if sniper is one and the same?

It would explain the vitriol anyway and, if true, would explain to the audience here where it comes from

Typhoonpilot

sorry but i never failed a check ride and never flew outside US.
Now, when you interview for Emirates how many have you hired with DUIs. failed checkrides, etc....no PRIA records i guess...

but hey they pay you to sell their turd....

As an ALPA member I will fight the Gulf Airlines

also

Not Usair....Another Major since 95,,,,,Cobra Airlines

but i know you typhoon...

you are the Airways pilot you got laid off and went to the desert with afew other Usair pilots and became an emiratii....

also you are the one that did stupid things that triggered the IRS to investigate all Expats there...

Last edited:
Sniper we all know you are still on the CRJ. Stop lying and trying to make yourself look better by saying you are on an Airbus.

no you are wrong...never flew that aircraft just metroliners and fokkers... before the major

Last edited:
I live here and make a good living and I chose to do that. I don't wish to continue the rat race in the greatest nation on earth.....so far!! I have all the pre requisites for qualification at a major, but it's just beyond your fundamental grasp that there is a happy existence outside the USA so back to the question, name the country with no oil or are you just an ignorant xenophobe?

how much are your landing fees for a 777 at Dubai and how much is at JFK?

Have you wonder about that,

Your Company is subsidized and we need to stop that as proud ALPA members and Americans

sorry that you dont like that

how much are your landing fees for a 777 at Dubai and how much is at JFK?

Have you wonder about that,

Your Company is subsidized and we need to stop that as proud ALPA members and Americans

sorry that you dont like that

How much money were the U.S. majors given by the U.S. government after 9-11?

How many times have major U.S. carriers used bankruptcy to shed their debt? Debt brought on by poor management.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

TP

Latest resources

Back