Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ200pilot

I have two questions.

Can My wife fly home whenever she wants on a pass, or do we have to pay for it. Are there buddy passes or passes for friends that she can fly home with?

Can we have friends live with us in the villa's or condos. or is that a no-no.

Thanks in advance

Ask on pprune.org. Tons of info there. TC

Pass benefits

She can fly home as much as she wants, but she will have to pay for it. You each get one free trip home a year that is positive space, the rest of it you have to pay for. It's about 200 bucks economy round trip to IAH or JFK. There are no buddy passes for friends. Your blood relatives get 2 passes a year I believe and more distant relatives get some based on availability though more expensive. It was 600 bucks for me brother in law to fly roundtrip to Dubai from Houston. There is no jumpseating either by the way. Pass benefits are not quite up to the standard of the US carriers honestly, but still a good place to work overall.

Housing

Anyone can live at your house, it's yours. I asked this questions thinking about my parents when they get older. They told me the house is mine and I can do what I want.

Thank you for the response. More questions....How is your pay....I know I can see it online but I wanna here it straight from the camals mouth. How was the profit sharng?

We are not doing it just for the money, but we would like to come home after a few years with some cash in the bank.

Thanks again

Overall do you like it?

Overall I do like it. Pay during training is 5600 a month take home which lasts about 3 months. Pay while you are flying is around 6300 a month take home not including per diem. Per diem adds maybe 500 a month give or take a few hundred, it depends on how much you fly. Per diem is given at the hotel in the local currency therefore not included in your monthly pay. Bonus has not been announced, but most people think it will be between 3 to 6 weeks of pay. Remember there is the 3 year training bond if you plan on going back to the states rather quickly. It's 36000 which goes down 1000 a month over the 3 years.

36000 k training bond? We do plan on going back to the states rather quickly after 3 years. Who pays that 36000. Do we pay them 36K? or do they pay us... I dont understand. please help

It's a training contract. If you leave before 3 years you have to pay them back (pro-rated, it comes to 1k a month)...

I have two questions.

Can My wife fly home whenever she wants on a pass, or do we have to pay for it. Are there buddy passes or passes for friends that she can fly home with?

Can we have friends live with us in the villa's or condos. or is that a no-no.

Thanks in advance

I am now in the interview pool and look forward to possibly working for EK. Far as friends visiting just be careful with the females as there are laws against single females "living" with you.

Latest resources

Back