• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emerald Coast at Air Inc in Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gill, if you look a little deeper (and I know you probably don't want to), it's not people new on the board (less than 100 or so posts) who are writing in support of Albie and the way he does business.

I haven't personally met him, but I've met several people who have, including Chase who did my Southwest interview prep. I didn't get hired. Was I angry and frustrated? You bet, I thought I did great! I even ran into two other guys I interviewed with in other airports over the next few weeks who hadn't heard I didn't get the nod and we're gabbing and they assume I did. Makes you feel even worse when you have to tell other people you didn't get it. do you think I got on the board and bashed Chase? No.

Just a few months ago I found out I passed the interview, failed the background check (long story), so Chase did his job well. He got out of the business for a while, and he recommends Albie, so guess who I'm going to next interview prep? You guessed it... Albie.

The point is, those of us who read these boards and have been here "for a while" (long enough to have posted enough for others to see if we're decent people) pretty much look at your 2 posts, have a laugh, shake our heads, and go back to what we were doing.

The man has a plan to fund his retirement independent of his main job. So do I; it doesn't bring in 6 figures, but does give me an extra $25-$30k a year which gets invested in property rental (real estate is where all real wealth begins).

Don't you? Must not if you're going to bash him for his entreprenurial spirit. Man, switch to decaf or something. ;)

p.s. I'd love to go flying with you guys, but I'm working on the design of a rebuilt Lear 23 with small, russian-built fans and just enough lighter materials and avionics to get it under 12,500 Lbs and get single pilot authorization. I think that would be the ultimate family vacation aircraft (seating for 8 including me). :)

Last edited:
$250000 rich? Sounds like you're management's dream. Especially when you have to split that with a cadre. Besides, most of us that have used EC would rather have had it and made Albie very rich at our expense than not have the service available.

Wow, this thread turned sour in a few days! I have known Aaron for about two years now and he is a stand-up guy. We often refer people back and forth to each other. I would not refer anyone to someone who I did not think had their act together.

I do not think any of us that conduct interview prep are getting "rich" off of it. We offer a service, and if people decide to take advantage of our knowledge, then that is their choice.

I am not sure what the person has against Aaron, but if there was a problem with his interview prep, then he/she needs to take it up with him.

AlbieF15,

Pardon the hijack but what if any are your services when it comes to Airtran or SWA? I'm not on the up and up when it comes to the guarantees. They sound really good. Would you care to elaborate? Thanks in advance....

to try to keep this from sound like an infomercial, just check your PMs

I had not interviewed anywhere in over eight years and was very nervous when my SWA interview came up. I called Albie and he graciously met with me one on one for over 3 hours. I dont know of anybody else in this business that would have taken the time to do that. In the end, who knows what went wrong, but I did not get hired. I could call him tomorrow and get my money back, but I hope to have another interview here in the next millennium, and I can go to another seminar for nada.

My hat is still off to Albie for the time he could have been snoozing instead of helping a guy get his head on straight.

Boeing

boeingdriver said:
I called Albie and he graciously met with me one on one for over 3 hours. I dont know of anybody else in this business that would have taken the time to do that.

Boeing, I am glad that you had a great experience with Aaron. But please do not make a blanket statement about noone else in the business would have taken the time to do that.

Every client I speak over the phone with or meet face-to-face with for interview prep gets one-on-one time with me, until they feel comfortable. I typically block out two hours on my schedule for every interview prep person - whether they use the time or not. In addition, they only pay for the time they spend with me. Further, I do not schedule anyone for up to one hour after the blocked out time, in case the person goes over their original time slot.

As a professional interview coach, like others in this business, I do not subscribe to a "therapists" time clock - you know - one hour session and your time is up whether your situation is solved or not.

I am sure that you meant no disrespect to anyone else in this business, but I ask that you be careful when you make a statement that is simply not true. :)

Unreal....

SOMcGill said:
Pardon me, 700 clients. That's $250,000 you've made. My problem with you is saying that you say aren't getting rich on this gig. You are - so quit with the good guy crap. I've been lurking the boards for a while now, and I think its interesting how many of the threads talking about how great you are happen to be started by people who have one or two posts, and every one of their posts are about your service. Making up screennames to promote your business is anything but ethical. If your wife and daughters are spending your money, get some balls and get them under control. I certainly have no intention of funding their spending habits or buying you an airplane.

SOMcGill,

First of all, you really need to look at your "math". Take the total potential revenue, multiply by the average success rate, divide by 3 years, divide by the number of employees involved, subract expenses, etc. What do you end up with? Not the small fortune your simple analysis derived. Lose the jealousy - it's not appealing.

The accusations that Albie would create screen names to promote his business is hilarious. Trust me, as a fellow FedEx crewmember who considers him a friend, Albie doesn't have the time or inclination to engage in such a sophmoric effort. At least we all know that you are so inclined. Don't you realize that there are alot of pilots out there that lurk this board and never post much - maybe they felt strongly enough about Albie's services, that they had to post something.

You know nothing of which you speak. Do you know Albie personally? If not, then I would suggest that you stop slandering him.

Re: the spending habits of his family - you must not be married and/or have kids. No matter how you slice it, a family of that size is expensive. I don't think that you should assume that his is any different than anyone else's.

Good day,

DornierPilot said:
SOMcGill,

First of all, you really need to look at your "math". Take the total potential revenue, multiply by the average success rate, divide by 3 years, divide by the number of employees involved, subract expenses, etc. What do you end up with? Not the small fortune your simple analysis derived. Lose the jealousy - it's not appealing.

And don't forget those pesky taxes! :D

Good post.

-Neal

Hey McGill, enigma isn't a made up screen name. Albie did NOT make me up to promote himself. I just decided to help counter your cr_p.

Now that we've got that out of the way,,,,,,,

Albie is nothing less than a gentleman. He gives more than he recieves. Period. Quite frankly, If I were Albie, I think I'd spend more time with my kids. But he obviously feels the need to help others, and I respect that, which is more than I can say for you.

enigma

Latest resources

Back