Embry-Riddle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you want to know?

Well, how are the instructors, are the classes easy or hard. how much time do you spend on each class a week. Just general info..

Thanks

The instructors have all been really helpful, and will answer any questions you have rather quickly through email or the message board. As for difficulty of the classes, it really depends on the subject. Some are more interesting then others, so they will be easier to study for. A few classes have a lot of reading that requires more time for study. I work on my classes at work during layovers and a little at home on the weekends. Probably 5-10 hours a week are used for studying between the two classes I take at a time, even more when a paper is due for the quarter (this quarter two are due). With working full-time and going to school, I think 2 classes per quarter is just the right load, both for time and money spent.

Unlike in person classes, you have to really rely on reading the texts and instructor notes to grasp the subjects. This takes some discipline, but once you get into a routine for studying, it becomes easier. I think the fact that you have to study so much on your own makes it easier to get a good grade. In a regular classroom, I could get by with just what the instructor taught in class and the notes I took, but now I rely on the textbook. My electives have been in business and being able to relate the concepts to the real world that I see on a regular basis makes the reading and studying far more interesting.

Most classes are offered every month and are 12 weeks long. Some classes are only offered every-other month or less so it is beneficial to identify the classes you would like to take and map out a timeline. I have found the email reminders regarding class registration to be inconsistent and it is best to be proactive about contacting them and registering for the classes so you can get in before a class fills up.

Latest resources

Back