• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry Riddle students

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So for those of us wondering why the majority of fresh Riddle graduates behave the way they do, we now have our answer.

The attitude displayed by Highsky, an alleged former instructor there, is illustrative. Thanks, Highsky, for providing an example of such definition and clarity.

Ya know, I considered throwing a dog into this fight since I do have some first hand experience with Riddle Daytona's training program and the results thereof.

But I've decided it just ain't worth it. Arguing the point would be like telling the Westboro Baptists that what they are doing is wrong.

If you disagree with my previous post, you are obvious an embry ridiculous lackie yourself, and don't have to babysit them. p!ss off.

Thanks Streak!! I needed that laugh! :laugh:

As for the Diddles, I wish I had a dollar for every time
I heard: "My daddy works for...".

They already know everything, and that will get you killed.

HiSky, you are part of the problem.
'nuff said.

CE

Last edited:
Tune in to Dr. Phil once in a while and learn something about yourself.

Highsky: I hope you will accept your own advice here. It is you that needs help. If you continue as you are you'll always fly solo because no one will help you, after all you don't think you ever need any help from anyone. Don't you know that the best pilots are those that are willing to accept and even encourage input from others so the "crew" never makes a regretable decision.

Since you seem to continually think you're the greatest pilot and everything else you should be concerned that your professional life will fail just as your personal life has failed. Failure in your professional life could kill people.

Highsky, please get professional help.

.........Jealous

I suppose I was able to afford an opportunity to attend Embry-Riddle, and yes it was not without problems. I also completed flight training at a "mom and pop" fbo and to no surprise they were not without problems either.
As far as Embry-Riddle students not being able to hand fly, I am not quite sure how you expect any low time pilot to be good right off the bat no matter where they received training. I am sure you were awesome on your first day in a jet.
As a passenger in a regional airliner, I never thought to myself what a smooth ride. The ride always sucks and my most recent experience when I looked up front there were two older guys flying. I counted 16 stripes in that cockpit what a joke.
While you are sitting up front in your regional airliner screwing around for 30 minutes most 135 charter flights would be 25 minutes into a flight that the passengers did not have a reason to throw up in. I am generally put off when I have to listen to the airlines constantly asking about rides ahead when they cannot smoothly operate an aircraft to begin with if you are gonna float my ass or bury me in the seat on every level off who cares if we are in light chop for the whole 30 minutes.
Jealousy rears its ugly head. I am sorry for those who think that all Embry-Riddle grads are immature know it alls, but I have flown with pilots who are immature know it alls and I am certain they never even stepped foot on Embry-Riddle's campus. I have also flow with some pretty awful pilots who obtained there training from a "mom and pop fbo" or a gentleman in a van down by the river who's hobby was to train pilots, and if you can believe this I don't think the next guy I fly with that did not train at Embry-Riddle is going to suck. I also do not go on flightinfo proclaiming my wonderful ability to fly a falling apart piece of garbage and acting as if one day that will save my life. I have flown both garbage and really nice stuff from Embry-Riddle to a falling apart 152 to a brand new citation, who really cares.

Give me an FIT or Webster grad any time over a Riddle Daytona guy...

The PRC ones don't seem to have the smugness for some reason. (Thank goodness...)

I think that the attitudes of some of these "Riddlers" is not unique to that school. I graduated from one of the "other" 141 aviation colleges, and trust me, there were plenty of tools there too. I have found that those with the least amount of experience have the greatest feeling of entitlement.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, these kids are going straight from a 172 to the right seat of an RJ without any real world experience. I would be inclined to lay the blame on the industry--however, that's still no excuse for acting like a tool.

I would like to point out that I never said everyone I fly with from riddle sucks. There is, however, a trend with their attitudes. I guess they just don't know any better. Highflyer, instead of attacking me you should be campaigning for your fellow riddlites to start acting like f#ck!ng professionals instead of being iPod wearing hair gel sponges with a friggin north face backpack strollin through the terminal (or out in town trying to pick up chicks in their uniforms) like they are god's gift to the world. The very fact that you mention Dr. Phil gives a pretty clear picture of your mental status...

For those of you that have never had a smooth ride on an RJ.....I'm sorry more guys aren't making the effort. It's doable and the aircraft can be quite an enjoyable ride. It p!sses me off, too when I feel every level off and climb/descent. Again, it's just a lack of professionalism when people don't try to give the smoothest ride, and that's not only riddle dudes, it's lots of people who just don't give a rat's @ss anymore.

Highsky: I hope you will accept your own advice here. It is you that needs help. If you continue as you are you'll always fly solo because no one will help you, after all you don't think you ever need any help from anyone. Don't you know that the best pilots are those that are willing to accept and even encourage input from others so the "crew" never makes a regretable decision.
I can't tell if you're a 60 year old retired airline pilot, or a 13 year old school girl lunch room bully. You certainly seem like the latter.

It's hard to believe United actually let you command their widebodies. You just make $hit up as you go. Now you're counseling me because you think I have no clue about CRM. I don't think I've indicated anywhere in this thread or others that I have such issues.

To the contrary, there IS plenty of evidence that YOU have the CRM issues Slick. There are many posts on these boards from pilots who have actually flown with you at United. They ALL regard you as a world class tool. Regarding your retirement, they say good riddance, and you will definitely not be missed. You have a very delusional and mis-guided opinion of yourself.

You seem to think you are some sort of aviation Messiah. That was your whole argument about Age 65, right? The aviation industry depends on men with your "experience." It's a wonder that airplanes still fly after your retirement. Why didn't you go back to work at United as an FO when the law changed? You didn't because you're too cool to be an FO. If you're not in charge, you don't want to play. Pathetic. Maybe you should change your user name from UndauntedFlyer to Jupiter, the Roman god of the sky. It seems more appropriate for you. We are so glad you didn't make the cut, and turned 60 before 13 December.

Here's a clue Pops: You are a has-been in the airlines. You're irrelevant. We don't care about you anymore. You're a foolish 60 year old guy who is trolling around on Internet aviation message boards arguing with guys who are 20 and 30 years younger. Is this really how you want to spend your golden years? Is being an airline pilot and flying airplanes all you've really ever had going on in your life? Sad. Give your poor wife a break: She's spent decades of her life orbiting around your hyper-inflated ego. Pry your fingers from the keyboard and enjoy the few years that you have left to live with her.

Since you seem to continually think you're the greatest pilot and everything else you should be concerned that your professional life will fail just as your personal life has failed.
Huh?

Do you think you are Oprah?

Now you know about my personal life too. You're unbelievable. Both my personal and professional lives have never been better.

YOU are the one with the Narcissism, you idiot. All of your copilots on this forum have told you that.

Get a life.

Highflyer, instead of attacking me you should be campaigning for your fellow riddlites to start acting like f#ck!ng professionals instead of being iPod wearing hair gel sponges with a friggin north face backpack strollin through the terminal (or out in town trying to pick up chicks in their uniforms) like they are god's gift to the world.
I've known thousands of alumni, and they don't need my help being professional. Only the "older gentleman who lives in your hometown" can impart such wisdom.

Twenty years ago, when I was in school, people weren't "wearing iPods, hair gel sponges, and north face backpacks." But that's pretty common now, at ANY college. Did you even go to college? I'm guessing no, because if you did, you would know this.

Interesting how you NEVER see any threads on this board titled, "Anyone Who Didn't Go to Embry-Riddle Sucks," or, "Embry-Riddle Pilots are the Best."

That's because ERAU alumni don't believe that about themselves.

To the contrary, all the bashing and put downs come from the other direction. People like you love to start threads bashing Embry-Riddle. Why do you even waste your time? Do you feel better about yourself to publically impugn another man's choice in education? If a copilot who didn't learn to fly from "an older gentleman who lives in a van down by the river" doesn't level off smoothly enough for you, does that provide you self-validation for learning to fly from "an older gentleman who lives in a van down by the river?" Do you see yourself as some sort of Karate Kid who learned to fly from Mr. Miyagi?

Here's a clue: Right or wrong, you just come across as a jealous a$$hole with penis envy.

You must be a real joy in the cockpit. A narcissistic tool. I'm guessing you eat a lot of dinners by yourself on layovers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back