• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry Riddle Online Degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would you want to spend so much money on ERAU when there are much less expensive programs around? I went to Excelsior (see excelsior.edu) and spent about 10% of what ERAU would have cost. They don't have aviation degrees, and you don't get much credit for your ratings, but the credits you will get will be so much easier to obtain, that it's still easier and faster in the long run. Also, check out Thomas Edison, another good school that offers off campus degrees.

I think the best thing about going to Riddle is the contacts you make while you are there, which is totally gone with an online degree. I think you will have a much better experience with someone else. Good luck to you.

ERAU Online is much less expensive than the actual campus. Something around $155/credit online vs. about $550+/credit for the campus.

I'm not sure how you guys are getting such a great deal on the classes. I've been taking online classes for 2 years through ERAU and paid the exact amount per credit hour in a stinky tent in Bosnia as I would have if I were in sunny Daytona Beach, Florida.

That being said;

The program has been great. I received credit for military flight training, civilian ratings and prior college courses. All in all I only needed 30 hours of residency to complete the undergrad degree. I definately recommend it.

Last edited:
Make sure that you check out the online program you are looking at. Ask them if it is a portfolio degree, ie no classes just paperwork and money. None of the airlines currently hiring will accept a portfolio degree. They want to see grade transcripts and class room hours wether they are online or self study. Humpty Diddle School For Airplanes is a legitimant degree program.

BradG said:
What do the airlines/employers think of the Online Degrees? Has anyone gone thru Start to Finish? (ie. No prev. college)

I did my degree through UVSC. I had one class transfer from my local junior college plus I got some credit from being in the air force. I was not asked about my degree in my interview with skywest nor my interview to fly in the Air Force.

hey chunk where you in aviation law class? I just finished up. the final sucked salty balls.

I'm taking about 2-3 clases a time to finish up.

I have to admit that ERAU wants the money but no real support. i call my advisor and say what class do i need next? I had to fill out a form and wait 45 days to have a rundown of classes that i needed. It's kind of a pain.

anybody know of a really easy online college that is acredited.

I don't need a preaching to just a degree that is a real one.

i've heard of webster college. Anybody else?

how are they?

just checked no online classes

Latest resources

Back