EMB120 Jumpseat ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AceyFO

Hey guys, looking at getting to MRY at the end of next month. Should I chance the 120 out of SFO or rely on an RJ out of LAX. Any skywest guys with some input on the loads up to MRY?

You won't get on the Jumpseat on an E120, your best bet is misconnects.

Personally I'd fly into LAX since you have both UAL and AE flights on the CRJ. As long as you talk to the captain it should be no problem for you to get on the jump, there are rarely weight restrictions but the gate agents will "restrict" flights because they don't know what they're doing. Most check the gate area but if they say it's overweight ask to see the captain.

Usually MRY flights are wide open on the jet (esp the early morning flight to MRY).

The EMB120 is ALWAYS weight restricted

Just don't let the gate agent tell you it's weight restricted, let the captain know there is a jumpseater. Even if you pass a note to give to the captain with your cell number. Have had issues in las/SFO/lax with gate agents saying no more people and than after we do the W/B we can take 1 or 2 more people or even take a jumpseater to help with CG and the gate agent won't let them down or say they already left. Have had lax gate agents say there is no jumpseat (corrected her saying yes we do, I fly it), jumpseat is only for checkairmen and FAA (nope try again, ummm it's weight restricted/don't have time to list you since I don't want to take a delay....

99.999% of captains I still know on the bro will take the delay (since they usually will put the delay on us anyway (cockpit checks) to make sure there is zero doubt that a jumpseater will get on. If the weights don't work they won't work, if I remember right the YV aircraft have the best chances.

I fly the emb for skywest a lot out of mry-sfo and sadly to say after 2 years of being a captain I have never gotten anyone on the js. The numbers have to work out perfectly (lots of kids, but not too many bags). Then the next problem is you are weight restricted due to it only being a 19 min flt. So take another couple hundred pounds off the mtow. The gate agents will only clear about 28 people then they have to come out and talk with the crew to figure out how to get more people on. I'd def just take the jet otherwise you will just end up handing out at mry all day when you could just drive the distance. Hope this helps, the nice thing about this is we rarely have the faa js because we would have to kick pax off.

Just don't let the gate agent tell you it's weight restricted, let the captain know there is a jumpseater. Even if you pass a note to give to the captain with your cell number. Have had issues in las/SFO/lax with gate agents saying no more people and than after we do the W/B we can take 1 or 2 more people or even take a jumpseater to help with CG and the gate agent won't let them down or say they already left. Have had lax gate agents say there is no jumpseat (corrected her saying yes we do, I fly it), jumpseat is only for checkairmen and FAA (nope try again, ummm it's weight restricted/don't have time to list you since I don't want to take a delay....

99.999% of captains I still know on the bro will take the delay (since they usually will put the delay on us anyway (cockpit checks) to make sure there is zero doubt that a jumpseater will get on. If the weights don't work they won't work, if I remember right the YV aircraft have the best chances.

Exactly what he said, try and let the capt know, we all commute so we squeeze every pound out on these bad boys. It's the damn zfw that causes the most issues, good luck

Latest resources

Back