EMB Legacy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avbug

Recently in a thread (don't remember which one), the subject of the new Legacy came about. I mentioned I remembered seeing on in Phoenix some time ago, and several folks told me that wasn't possible.

Just for the record, I'm not loosing my cookies (at least with respect to the Legacy). Swift has been flying the Legacy since last summer under Part 91.

Swift received special waivers to operate the airplane based on Brazillian certification, in stead of waiting for US certification.

I feel better now.

I saw a Legacy in TEB a couple of weeks ago. It was a "Green" aircraft looked like it was heading to a paint shop somewhere. I read up on it in one of the flying publications (pro-pilot maybe). It looks pretty good and will maybe cut into some Challenger sales, although I think it is a little slow? Can't remember the specifics...

Hey Avbug, you ever check your PM's?

Saw one this weekend in KFLL for the Boat Show. It was foreign registered - corporate/private, I assume Brazil.

Speaking of Emb's.

I see CALEX has started recieving their XR's. They look pretty cool with the winglets and aft strakes.

Anyone know how they are working out. Are they meeting Embraers performance numbers?

SZF

I heard all of the EMB Jets are VERY noisy in the cockpit... In the review in ProPilot this month they have a picture of Clay Lacy flying the EMB Jet and is wearing some "Head-Vise" headsets like David Clarks....

Yes, they are super noisy.

We have been given all kinds of reasons why.
Bow waves at the top of the windshield.
Q factor of the windshied bending in.
The best one was: "All airplanes sound like that up front, its called windrush" :D
The windshield is off the emb-120. I don't know if a thicker window would give a quiter ride. On the surface I would guess it would, but who knows.

i jumpseated on an MD-80 the other day. Now that is a quite cockpit!

Or Falcon 900EX's are quiet enough you have to be very careful what you are talking about up front because the passengers can hear you... and likewise you can hear them... they sit about 20ft or so back from the cockpit divider... I know Challengers are exceptionally quiet also...

I have heard the EMB Jets are especially noisy... Must just be something characteristic of the design...

Fly Safe!

Latest resources

Back