EMB-145 thrust settings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Knob

Anybody have any suggestions for thrust settings in the Emb-145?
Speeds such as 220, what would be a target N2? N2 during an ILS? Thanks in advance.

Knob said:
Anybody have any suggestions for thrust settings in the Emb-145?
Speeds such as 220, what would be a target N2? N2 during an ILS? Thanks in advance.
Well, at Eagle we use N1, not N2 for power settings. Couldn't really give you a number for 220 in level flight. When I went through training, most of the instructors said not to worry too much about memorizing a lot of power settings. The most important one to learn in training is 65%. This will give you 200 knots level (typical speed in the training environment), and will also get you pretty close to your approach speed on an ILS with flaps 45.

Hope that helps!

LAXSaabdude.

Easiest way for me is to look at the fuel flow. take the first two digits of the fuel flow for each engine add them together add a zero to that and you have your airspeed. ei. 220kias=1100lbs/hr a side. Try it out, seems to keep the airspeed within a few knots.

Use it for any speed clean, seems to work pretty well. Have fun!

The fuel-flow method works really well.
Additionaly, to maintain airspeed in your descent, reduce the fuel-flow by 500 lbs/hr per side for each 1000 fpm.

It kind of works in the sim too.

Fuel flow is always the best way to set power in any jet. The FF that maintains 290 kts at FL310 is the same FF that will maintain 290 kts at 10,000. If you know a few FF numbers, then setting the power is easy. N1, N2, EPR, etc... all changes based on temp and altitude. The FF numbers are always the same though.

I don't look at N2 or Fuel Flow much to tell you the truth, mostly N1. N1 is the biggest indication on the EICAS and it's right there at the top, so it's easiest to see.

In a clean configuration, 70% N1 holds about 250 knots and 60% holds about 200 knots. On an ILS configured with flaps 45, 65% N1 usually holds target, give or take 5% for weight.

I use the FF as well but it seems that I always need to add 100 per side. So to maintain 250 I set FF aprox 1350 instead of 1250 per engine. But as mentioned above, don't get too caught up in the numbers.

not so much about thrust settings but useful in descents:

1) thrust idle, a v/s of 3500 fpm gives you 315 knots (5 knot buffer below Vmo)

2) below 10000', 1800 fpm and idle gives you 245 knots

PCL_128 said:
Fuel flow is always the best way to set power in any jet.
how come then FF is not displayed on the priamary EICAS on quite a few jets?

Latest resources

Back