• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB-145 thrust settings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trend vectors all the way- I'm just a stupid pilot who uses the easiest way without thinkin' too much. I got me too many magazines to concentrate on anyway.

If you worry about percentages and numbers like that too much while you're trying to fly an approach or at any other time, you're not doing your primary job which is to fly the plane.

Just use basic airmanship, if you're slow add power and if you're fast reduce power or configure accordingly. This applies to any plane, jet or otherwise.

People who get all wrapped up in the numbers need to remember that the ambient conditions, aircraft weight, etc., are always different and what works one day may not work the next, particularly when you figure in gusty conditions.

What are you going to do if you have a hard number such as 65% N1 and the aircraft is going below target towards ref? Are you going to leave the thrust alone? Are you going to stay on the slope if you lower the nose to increase airspeed back to target without adding power?

It's not too difficult a concept to understand.

Pitch and power, pitch and power, pitch and power!

That applies to steep turns, approach to stalls, climbs, descents, level flight, approaches and everything else in a jet as well as in a prop, piston or turboprop.

Give the plane what it needs and don't worry about a bunch of numbers and you're life will be a lot easier.

Ok here you go. This always works clean or with gear and flaps. If you or your FO have a Venti coffee from starbucks and there is at least one USA today in the cockpit then you take the coeficient of lift and divided it by 1/2 and add 7. No USA today, take the square of 9 and subtract 3. Now press the elevator disconect Button. Raise you seat up and then back down once.
After that cross your fingers and take the two sticks in the middle of the cockpit. Now go ahead and push them to the foward position. Now you should start to go faster, to slow down repeat the same manuver but in oppsite. If you have a Gradnde add 5 instead of 7.
This is just a basic fact of phyics. Do you disagree?

Whatever works for you , however I feel percentages are defenitaley helpful but should only supplement you "feeling the airplane" , I agree with the basic airmanship concept

Latest resources

Back