Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ2008

Hi all,

I will be flying the Brasilia pretty soon and I would like to know how far I can jump once I get 1000hours PIC on this plane. For example: can I hope for southwest or any other good major with Brasilia PIC under my belt? Where are all of the SkyWest people going after they do their time with SkyWest?

Thank you

EMB F/O ==> CRJ F/O ==> EMB Capt ==> CRJ Capt ==> Anyone who's hiring......

Congrats on the new job!!

Baja.

CRJ2008 said:
Hi all,

I will be flying the Brasilia pretty soon and I would like to know how far I can jump once I get 1000hours PIC on this plane. For example: can I hope for southwest or any other good major with Brasilia PIC under my belt? Where are all of the SkyWest people going after they do their time with SkyWest?

Thank you

Yess.

EMB F/O ==> CRJ F/O ==> EMB Capt ==> CRJ Capt ==> Anyone who's hiring......

That's one choice.

Many of us (myself included) went:

EMB F/O ===> EMB Capt (in less than 1 year) ===>CRJ Capt ===> Anyone who's hiring

I think the CRJ FO step is pretty unnecessary, unless EMB Capt times have increased significantly. Well, unless you just can't take the noise in the Brakillya anymore.

PS. I wouldn't count on jumping ship to Southwest (or anywhere else for that matter) when you get 1000 PIC in either type. It's an extremely competitive market out there now and most Southwest guys will tell you most civilian new hires have upwards of 2000 PIC turbine.

Last edited:
I flew all four seats. It took me 3 years to upgrade on the E-120, a year seat lock and then just over a year as CRJ captain. After 5 1/2 years at SkyWest I am now fortunate to be at CAL.

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
I flew all four seats. It took me 3 years to upgrade on the E-120, a year seat lock and then just over a year as CRJ captain. After 5 1/2 years at SkyWest I am now fortunate to be at CAL.

Congrats from another OO alumnus (twice!).

I know a guy who went from EMB120 captain to Alaska Airlines within the last year. However, he did have a bunch of flight time in the state of Alaska too.

GP

The SWA PIC mins were bumped up to 1300. Folks are getting in with just over that. Congrats & enjoy the E-120. Looks like a fun airplane.

oh & btw........try to go 120 FO to 120 PIC.......forget about the FO-FO seat swap. :smash:

GuppyPuppy said:
Congrats from another OO alumnus (twice!).

I know a guy who went from EMB120 captain to Alaska Airlines within the last year. However, he did have a bunch of flight time in the state of Alaska too.

GP

Plus he's a damn good musician and all around nice guy.
Hope he's having a good time at the new job. I was pretty happy when he got hired there. He helped with my domicle transfer too!

CRJ2008 said:
Hi all,

Thank you

For right now concentrate on succeeding in training. And don't assume you're going to be hired somewhere as soon as you hit the 1000 PIC mark. Most of the guys I see getting hired at the better majors have a lot more than 1000 PIC. That's just the mark at which you can start getting your apps out. Most people stay at a regional longer than they expect to but they vote on TA's like they're leaving the next day.

Just my .02.

SWA is hiring civis with just over 1300 PIC time. FDX is hiring guys with just over 1000 PIC if you know someone there. CAL is hiring guys with no PIC time as long as you have some Turbine SIC. JBLU is hiring guys with 500 PIC time. Stay on the 120 and get PIC time. Don't go to the CRJ as an FO unless you get 1500 hours of PIC time and you want a little bit better lifestyle. You can get out of the regional world and it is all dependent upon that PIC time. Get it as quick as you can and you will move on even from the 120.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back