Elite Air and Seagrave Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep Looking

Got an offer on a Falcon 2000EASY in Moscow through Elite Air. Okay guys, whats the bad parts? Thanks.

Don't even think about it. The company has MAJOR problems right now and is under big scrutiny from the Feds.

Got an offer on a Falcon 2000EASY in Moscow through Elite Air. Okay guys, whats the bad parts? Thanks.

The good news is, the aircraft are fresh from the factory, so if you elect to fly for Elite you will be flying a new aircraft for the folks in Moscow. I for one cannot comment on what the life of an Elite pilot is in Moscow, or what the pay and days off are or would be. I know in the US, things are not so rosy; low pay heavy flying schedule and as much as 3 weeks on duty without any scheduled days off and all the aircraft are crewed with just one crew per aircraft. So, if you read between the lines you will see that taking time off is NOT an option.

Should you choose to accept this mission, then I strongly suggest getting everything in writting. I have heard of a LR45 crew that is making many dollars in Moscow, but there again, everyone that I know of that works for Elite is making something different even though the experience and aircraft are the same. Eample, a Challenger 604 Captain that left a short time ago was making (sit down) $70K a year, while this other Captain with more experience is only making $65K a year. Another example is a Beech Jet captain making in the 50's and then they offer another person over 60K a year plus a bonus. They also want you to keep your pay a secret.

The good thing is, Elite air is always in need of pilots, so do yourself a favor and bargain for a good salary and get it in writing----as they say "If there lips are moving, then they are lying".

Good luck on your endeavors and by the way, where did you hear about the job?

Elite

I have been living in europe and asia for the last few years doing contract work. Its 12K a month, plus the rating. What kind of scrutiny are they under??

scrutiny

I have been living in europe and asia for the last few years doing contract work. Its 12K a month, plus the rating. What kind of scrutiny are they under??

Airspeed, I'm not really sure what, if any scrutiny they are under, everything I have heard is third hand information and the folks that work there really don't know anything for sure. One thing for sure, I have heard that the LR45 captain was making 15K a month, but if you are already living in Europe then you know what it takes to live there and what is considered a good salary for that type of aircraft.

The one thing that is common knowledge around the St.Pete area is a very low time pilot hit a Glll with a Global, and that incident is under investigation because the PIC at the time has little more than 1500 total time and none as PIC in anything---91 or 135.

The company is putting a lot of airplanes on the certificate and has a 10 or more certificate (seats), so that is putting them under the watchful eye of the Feds. Other than that, my close friend knows nothing more, other than he is looking for a good place to call home that has a schedule and bennies.

So where was the job posted? You can PM me if you would rather not show it to the world.

The good news is, the aircraft are fresh from the factory, so if you elect to fly for Elite you will be flying a new aircraft for the folks in Moscow. I for one cannot comment on what the life of an Elite pilot is in Moscow, or what the pay and days off are or would be. I know in the US, things are not so rosy; low pay heavy flying schedule and as much as 3 weeks on duty without any scheduled days off and all the aircraft are crewed with just one crew per aircraft. So, if you read between the lines you will see that taking time off is NOT an option.

Should you choose to accept this mission, then I strongly suggest getting everything in writting. I have heard of a LR45 crew that is making many dollars in Moscow, but there again, everyone that I know of that works for Elite is making something different even though the experience and aircraft are the same. Eample, a Challenger 604 Captain that left a short time ago was making (sit down) $70K a year, while this other Captain with more experience is only making $65K a year. Another example is a Beech Jet captain making in the 50's and then they offer another person over 60K a year plus a bonus. They also want you to keep your pay a secret.

The good thing is, Elite air is always in need of pilots, so do yourself a favor and bargain for a good salary and get it in writing----as they say "If there lips are moving, then they are lying".

Good luck on your endeavors and by the way, where did you hear about the job?

Leenick is right, they offered me 35K and then once I was two weeks on the road they decide to tell me they are only going to pay 28K. If that tells you anything.

Latest resources

Back