Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
After an extensive logbook audit, I reallized that my current logbook is an f'n mess. Not a lot of mistakes, but I just do not want to look unorganized and sloppy.

Has anyone brought just an automated/computer based logbook to a major airline interview?

Which software would you recommend?

I flew with someone that had software on their palm pilot that automatically downloaded into their pc. Does anyone know the name of this software?

Thanks for the info!

I haven't tried it but I've heard that FlightLevel Logbook 2000 is pretty good and they have the Desktop, Palm Pilot, and Windows CE versions available. The Desktop version is $99 and the Palm and Windows CE versions are each $49 plus $7.50 S&H. They are coming out with a 2002 version, but if you order the 2000 version, they will send you a free upgrade to 2002 as soon as it is released. All data is supposed to transfer over to the new version without any problems. I've been wanting to order this software for a while, but it's a little expensive for me right now. It would make a good investment if it could save you from making a mess out of your bound logbook!

You can visit their website at www.flightlvl.com/

I use FL 2000. It does a good job and prints out nicely. I prefer it to Logbook Pro and I'm sure you will find others that disagree. I just enter the flights when I get home and make backups (almost automatic). I don't use the palmpilot software... yet.

I did take the printed copies to interviews. It makes for a nice composite logbook (combining military and civilian flight time) and creates a very nice summary flight time grid. I still brought my original logbooks. It was reasurring to know that they both matched exactly with no errors. A good way to remember your flying past in preparation for interviews.

Several companies allow a download demo. I believe FL 2000 and Logbook Pro both do.

Would I spend the time and money again? YES.

Good luck,
Mike

I'm a low-time Private Pilot that will be starting at FlightSafety in June. Being only 18 when I started the log, it looks messy. Being that my intentions are to make a career of flying, should I go to a strictly computerized log, start a new one, or both?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Chunk

Both

Chunk, use both. Your instructors will need to sign the paper one. It will be much easier to start an electronic one now, than 1,000 hours down the road trust me on this one.

Since the current log I have is messy, should I just start anew? Do I just forward the times and keep the old one for safekeeping?

Thanks,

Chunk

Latest resources

Back