Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AlabamaMan!!

You broke muthafu*as!!!!
Anyone have any experience with EFB's? The boss has given the go-ahead to get them and I am looking for opinions on a few of the models, particularly the...

-ADR FG4000
-EFB by Paperless Cockpit
-JeppView

Also wondering if anyone has used WSI Uplink with these and what your thoughts, feelings were, etc. I have heard that JeppView is rather difficult to use, but it could have been just for that person.

Thanks in advance.

we have Motion 1400 as our backup efbs on g550s that have integrated charting already. the motion 1400 is a pretty nice unit albeit a little large, but very readable. what is nice is the integrated wifi - makes updates a snap. plus they have all our manuals on them so we got rid of a lot of paper. had them a year and no problems so far. worldwide jeppview subscription- very nice.:)

Just make sure you get one that has a display that can easily be read in full sun.

We use an acer tablet pc with Jeppview, the unit has a link to the GPS unit of our CJ2 (I'm not a CJ2 pilot), exist other options as a 2nd remote display for a laptop that has a ultra brite screen, but the critical choice is the software, I favor Jeppview.

semperfido said:
we have Motion 1400 as our backup efbs on g550s

- Sorry? Why you use an EFB on a G550, isn't enough the planeview?

backup...the planeview charts have been known to fail occasionally and at critical time. you should always have a backup plan:)

thanks for the input.....................what about user interface? Anyone have any squawks about which are user-friendly and which aren't? And anyone use XM Weather or WSI uplink?

We have an ADR FG-4000, second one is ordered. We are running Jeppview and XM Weather. Excellent system no problems and the XM is great. We are using the potable XM receiver with the bluetooth and a bluetooth gps receiver. When we get the second unit online I am going to use as seperate gps bluetooth receiver for it that way one efb can be on XM and one using Flightdeck at the same time with gps capability for both. The FG4000 is easily readable in bright sunlight and is small and light weight enough for cockpit use. The only thing I am not happy with is the availability of the mounting arm. ADR is unable at the moment to get me the mount arms but has promised to have them in the very near future.

FG4000 and WSI

I am running the FG4000 and WSI and really have no complaints. Though there are some days that the winds are not available, but the FAA never has good wind info either ;)

The only complaint that I have is the fact that the screen size is a little smaller than the actual chart. But I would buy it for another airplane if given the oppertunity.

LB

Latest resources

Back