Elections faired well for GA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

B1900DFO

John McCain's appointment is a little scary. Certainly not a friend of airline pilots. He has gone on record several times stating that pilots make way too much money for the amount of work we do and he is behind the new bill which seeks to take away our collective bargaining rights. If we no longer have the right to strike a carrier as guaranteed in the RLA then what incentive does management have to negotiate in good faith? What chance does any pilot group have of ever getting a great contract when times are good again?

Yeah...

I'll remember that I'm making too much money when I close the year at 20 grand. What a dork!

I wonder where he stands on how much professional athletes make... lol!

Or CEOs.

Great response Mr. Burping_Boy!!!!

I for one believe that America as a whole is totally misinformed on what airline pilots Reeaallyy make. I like and respect Sen. Mc Cain however, hes is totally pulling the wrong way on this one. He should come talk to people like myself (18-20 grand) per year. Better yet, how about talking to them boys at Mesa and Great Lakes. No disrespect to their pilots. Especially in current times, lets not fool ourselves, pilot salaries are going down, if not for organizations like ALPA, all of us would qualify for food stamps. I DO!!!!!!!!

MINIME

What miniscule information I know about ALPA comes from this board but assuming you are a member of ALPA and you make 20K per year I would be livid at them not praising them in regards to pay. Correct me if I am wrong on this, just an outside observers .02.

Latest resources

Back