• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EK housing question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is true...if your wife goes to Dubai pregnant, you will NOT be covered. Also, don't get pregnant in the first 6 months that you are there as that won't be covered either.

That's not quite true, at least at the time of my joining (year and a half ago). While I don't know exactly what they are stating currently, they stated the same during my interview, aka don't get preg in the first six months. Well, there must have been something in the water as several of my class mates enjoyed "The love boat" shortly after joining and got their wives "in the family way". While EK didn't cover all of it, they did cover some of the pregnancy. They also decided to have their children at Al Wasl hospital as opposed to the American Hospital as it was less expensive there. With that said, it is a lot cheaper all around to have a child here than in the states.

If you are pregnant prior to coming, not sure. My wife was 7 months pregnant when I was offered the job. EK offered a class date right at our due date (even though I told them I wasn't available until later). I called them up and they were great. They delayed my class a few months for me so I could be with my wife and kids and spend some time with the newborne before I left. So, I had the new one on my old insurance, and then as soon as they got to Dubai, EK picked up all health care for them.

What proportion of newhires are getting B777 vs. A330 nowadays? Seems like a number of newhires have gotten A330 recently but I know that changes with the wind...

I asked the same to HR yesterday and she said "large majority" going to the Airbus (something like 80%)
Also guys in my class had 73/75/76 time and we all got the Airbus. Previous class was a mix.

That's a really good idea that I'm thinking about. Just found out today that I will be furloughed from LCC (AWA), so there's a new sense of urgency to pursue EK before the clock runs out.

Thankfully just yesterday, EK emailed me to say that my app has been put on the 'short list.'

Any idea how long it will take to get called for an interview now that I'm on the short list?

Thanks.
About 90% of the people that apply are on the short list. Actually I haven't talked to anyone that has applied that isn't.

Heard from some friends over there that things are really backed up. About 100 plus apps a day. Interview dates at least 4-6 months down the road. And classes filled till August. Things slowed down with the 777 delieveries backed up, new hires going into the 330 but slowed down to 380 being further delayed. Hope it helps.

Do they assign your aircraft type before you show up to start class? I would greatly prefer the 777 due to the proximity of family/friends to some layovers.

Do they assign your aircraft type before you show up to start class? I would greatly prefer the 777 due to the proximity of family/friends to some layovers.

You should receive the a/c assignment with your offer of empoyment.

Hey congrats to all of you guys making the move, I was hoping that some of you have heard something about others getting jobs there in non-flying positions. As a dispatcher and AGI, I am intersted in working there as well. Any info would be great, Pm if you would prefer.. thanks Clear 4 the apch

Latest resources

Back